carbureted I-6 fuel injection conversion

thatyoungguy93

Hey everyone I'm just wondering how reliable is a fuel injection converted I-6 compared to factory fuel injected and carbureted I-6s?

I put a Howell kit on 14 years ago and never regretted it.Mileage went up as did performance.Mine is a 83 with the computerized Carter BBD

I am considering the Howell system on my newest purchase an 87 YJ 4.2.
I found a guy in Burbank,Ca that rebuilds the stepper motors and got the Carter bbd running good enough to pass our wonderful State smog test.
I am planning on keeping this ride unless some awsome deal comes along.
How long did the swap take and is yours the smog system or offroad?

I am considering the Howell system on my newest purchase an 87 YJ 4.2.
I found a guy in Burbank,Ca that rebuilds the stepper motors and got the Carter bbd running good enough to pass our wonderful State smog test.
I am planning on keeping this ride unless some awsome deal comes along.
How long did the swap take and is yours the smog system or offroad?

Howell has a kit for California.I have a emissions chip in mine.I also have a offroad and street legal chip to put in if i want it.
It takes a weekend to install or one day if your good at it.Sometimes a little longer if there's trouble tuning it.
Here's a article on it.

Howell TBI Throttle Body Fuel Injection Installation Jeep CJ Emissions

I picked the howell kit for my 88 4.2L YJ. Plan on doing the install next weekend or so. A friend of mine has one and loves it. Looks easy enough to install too.

dslywalker said:
Howell has a kit for California.I have a emissions chip in mine.I also have a offroad and street legal chip to put in if i want it.
It takes a weekend to install or one day if your good at it.Sometimes a little longer if there's trouble tuning it.
Here's a article on it.

Howell TBI Throttle Body Fuel Injection Installation Jeep CJ Emissions

Have you installed it yet? How long did it take and does it worked as expected?

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Have you installed the kit yet? How long did it take and has it worked as you expected?

Back