Was this a decent deal

AR Jeepman

93' WRANGLER its got a 92' 350 with a auto 700 R4 trans 231c transfercase headers and one chamber flowmasters runs fine feels like is has a shift kit in it tires are 33X10.50X15 half tread paid 3500 for it only rust is a little spot on the driver quarter panel

Attachments

• Iphone 045.JPG
    Iphone 045.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 295

Is the motor and transmission swap a hack job? Post more pics. What's it got for axels. Don't look to bad man but I woulda went lower..

I think you paid a fair price, windshield looks awefully rusty, appears to have about a 2" body lift and SOA lift with stock axles. The rear springs are gonna hate life once you put some miles on the jeep due to axle wrap unless there is a track bar on the rear and the D35 rear is not a great axle. If it has a shift kit, swap out the valve body for an undrilled one, auto trans, specifically the 700r4 do not like shift kits, the constant banging into gear will ruin the trans internal components and case.

One thing to note, a early 90's SBC 350 from trucks, designated as LO5's are fairly torquey motors, but really lack horse power, assuming this was a stock 4.0, the new motor really only gains about 10 HP and about 20 ft-lbs, but the caviat to that is, that motor will perk up with junk yard vortec heads (96-98/99 truck heads) and a cam with duration to matchthe heads. GM sells the entire package, heads, cam, rods, lifters, etc.. I do not have the part number handy but I think they refer to it as the "Hot" motor package.

Stock Axels with 373's motor has had some work mild cam rides like a log wagon but you can cruse down the road a 55 with only one hand on the wheel. I'm gonna run the axels till they break then its a serious upgrade for them everything but the air works on it. Its got 2 sets of door full doors and the half doors and bikini top. I'll get some more pics of it

I got alot of things to do to it Right now we're gonna start on paint

Attachments

• motor 004.JPG
    motor 004.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
  • motor 006.JPG
    motor 006.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • motor 007.JPG
    motor 007.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
i think it sounds like a heck of a deal. windshield frames are cheap to replace. way cheaper then putting a v8 into your own jeep.

your missing the fly wheel cover on the underside of hte motor.

Back