jeep help! wont start!

GREER216

I was going down the high way just fine and Jeep gages went kinda crazy and then died! Check engine light came on about two days ago, I figured it was the fuel pump cause I didn't hear it hum when I turned the key over but then again I was on the side of the high way, changed fuel pump. .... nothing. Turns over great but wont fire up! I pulled the coil pack rail and a spark plug I'm not getting a spark in any cylinder so..... is it the cam sensor? If so is it that little sensor right above the oil filter? Please any ideas would be helpful?

What year and engine? Need the specs to help you

ok, so you are heading towards running again?

how does the coil pack make all the gauges jump? just asking some questions because that would be an odd one for me.

It was the crank sensor now I Just gatta get the timing right from the cam sensor, I pulled it w/o reading how to do it so now the "timing " is off! Any suggestions would be great LOL I'm not a mechanic by any means but I've built some motors, just never ones without a distributior or a straight 6..... I've got it to fire up a couple times but it dies .... so its the timing? !? Right?

i'm glad you got it. i would've had to google it to try and help you, mine is carb'd and all my other fuel injected jeeps i ever owned never had that trouble.

Back