reasonable price

Ian Davis

So a guy round the corner from me is selling a 95-99 tj, it's in alright condition only external visibly rust is a three inch piece infront of passenger door. Assuming all else is all right with no mods(think it's a 4 banger) wat should I offer for it?

<(icedmiester)>

3" rust in the body panel? like bubbling from the inside out? i would be very wary because if its rusting through in a flat panel there is probably more rust else where.

i wouldn't offer to much but i have never been in a newer style wrangler so i am not a good person to help with pricing

95-99 tj?? I'm confused. 95 was a YJ - there were no 96's, and just what year of TJ is it??? Seems pretty simple. Can't really give you any good advice, considering.

Sorry, I don't know exactly what year it is I was guessing from the shape that it's in

<(icedmiester)>

Ian, find out what year it is then we can offer a reasonable guesstimate at what it might be worth. However, without some good photos it's gonna be tough.

Example: Rust ain't gonna creep up in just one place. If you have some fairly severe cancer going on on one body panel you'd better look real close at the rest of the rig. Check out the tub and floorboards especially and not just a visual but take a screwdriver, knife, awl, or something like this and give the metal some pretty good taps. If you punch a hole, well... Also, pay close attention to the frame. Get a flashlight and try to look into the frame rails as well. Look for heavy corrosion and/or any kind of cracks.

Obviously, there is a whole lot of other stuff to look at when considering a vehicle purchase but unless you are a good welder and have the time and desire to do a lot of patch work, the rust can be some of the most troublesome.

So I did some research today and it is a 98 and the guy said the rad had recently been replaced he wants 3800 for it, don't think it's worth it

<(icedmiester)>

There are pics on kijiji if you google 519-307-0678 the the one for kijiji in Barrie it's baby blue

<(icedmiester)>

the rust thing is my big problem, like stated above, its not going to only come through in one little area. if its got that type of delamination of the metal in that spot, its got other spots that could be worse but are hidden. any rust like that ends me looking at a vehicle.

Anyone with what they think would be a reasonable price?

<(icedmiester)>

Back