RoughCountry X series lifts

SouthArkJeepn

Does anyone here have or know of someone that has a Rough Country X series lift. If so I would like to have some advice on these. Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. Im shopping around and these look like what I would want in a lift but I don't know of anyone with any experience with these. Thanks

I have it on my ZJ. Its the same kit as the TJ with minor changes. I like it well enough. A little squeaky but that's just cuz I'm too lazy to get the grease for it. Also a smidgen rough but that's in the name. Well worth the price. Just did one of AZ most difficult trails last weekend with no problems at all.

I have a 6" long arm x series on my LJ. It's a sick set up. I loves it. It's beefy, solid and above everything else it's off road worthy. Very simple and straight forward set up. Awesome!

Thanks for the input. I think I will end up going with this lift. But it will still be a few months before I have the money. I am hoping that by the time I buy it they will have the new N2.0 shocks available with the x series.

I would search in Google to get some reviews. I was on the fence for rc, but there were way too many negatives. Mostly squeeken and stuff because face it. Sometimes er get lazy and don't do maintaince. It boils down to the temp and area u live. If the one person loves his lift in az, and u live in mn and will put the bushings and whatnot through a couple rough winters, it will handle and wear much faster than az and ca. I live in Chicago so trust me, I know! Don't forget, u get what u pay for.

I have the 4" on my 97 TJ i really like it it easy to install works great rides like any other lift (ITS NOT STOCK) rides great down the highway it does have a little sway to it... BUT!!! keep it greased cuz the bushings are plastic..i installed a 4" on my 97 and a friends 04 WE LOVE IT...

P.S. on automatics the front drive shaft rubs on the skid plate when flexed so you will have to fab it a bit so it dont rub...

Last edited:

Thanks everybody. Ive also looked into the Rubicon Express Superflex lift. They seem to get better reviews but does anybody know about a buy out with RE. I heard the had new owners or restructuring or something like that is going on.

Back