tj colorado 97

Hey guys and gals:
I have a 97 tj Sahara inline6 standard transmission. This is not a fuel pump issue. Sometimes when I go to start my Jeep NOTHING happens! No actually the lights and radio come on and it dings at me when I have the key turned to the on position. When I push the clutch pedal in and turn the key to start position Nothing happens not even a clicking! But so far when this problem magically manifests itself (maybe three times a month) if I fool around with it I can get it to start eventually. The strange thing is all of my radio presets will be back to default and the output screen will be on demo mode pike the battery has died. I have had the battery checked alternator checked and a full system check done at my local Advanced and everything checks out fine. Hopefully someone has an idea so I can take Frankenstein out on the trail soon!
thank you!

Also when I turn the key to start all the accessory lights shut off and the radio too. Its like the battery is dead...but just for a minute then magically charged up and ready to go!

Back