Fiberglass Uppers

Iaokie

Just bought a used set of fiberglass upper doors with sliding windows for my 98 TJ
They came with 2 long screws and some home made looking screw ground down to form a hook to connect to the front of the lower half door i'm guessing ?
My door pins do not have threads so are there replacement pins with threads available ?
Or any ideas how to attach these to my lower half steel doors

Had a "95YJ with fiberglass upper doors...when I bought it the threads were boogered up to the point that they & the bolts had to be replaced. I couldn't find any replacement threaded inserts at the time,so I ended up welding 3/8" squares with threaded holes into the square holeson top of the doors & using bolts thru the holse in the upper doors to sighten the uppers to the lowers.I carried a ratchet wrench of the right size in the console & could remove or re-install the upper doors in about a minute whenever I wanted.

Thanks for the idea
I'll have to figure something outQUOTE=TLCJ5;264307]Had a "95YJ with fiberglass upper doors...when I bought it the threads were boogered up to the point that they & the bolts had to be replaced. I couldn't find any replacement threaded inserts at the time,so I ended up welding 3/8" squares with threaded holes into the square holeson top of the doors & using bolts thru the holse in the upper doors to sighten the uppers to the lowers.I carried a ratchet wrench of the right size in the console & could remove or re-install the upper doors in about a minute whenever I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea
Were you still able to use your soft uppers with out
messing up the threads

I didn't have soft top or soft doors for that Jeep.

Back