'95 Wrangler sahara 4.0 cranks but won't start

mbliss984

This morning I went to start my wrangler and it cranked as normal but does not start. Drove it yesterday to work and back, put gas in it yesterday from the same place I have been for the last two years.

It seems to crank great, sounds very strong but does not start. Battery is from 08 but seems fine still, headlights turn on at full strength, wipers go full speed. I tried jump starting it from my other car ('10 subaru legacy) with a no go. Checked all the fuses, none are broken. Checked all connections and everything seems tight with very little to no corrosion anywhere. When I do try and start it the check engine light stays on while it's cranking(like it should?).

I am really at a loss here. The jeep has been garage kept it's whole life, hasn't seen rain in probably 6 months or more (san diego) and ony has 55k miles on it. Supposed to be selling it in early August and would like to fix this fast and cheap.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

i believe the crank positino sensor is the common one for this issue. someone else will chime in though

That's what I have read so far (various forums). The car is dead in the garage right now, I rather not tow it, but will if I have to.

Is this something that is relatively easy to fix for a newbie?

Drivers side of the bell housing near the top. One bolt only. The hardest part is running the wires back to the loom. This is a common problem.

Sent from my Android using Jeepz

Back