95 wrangler yj radiator

clydethepirate

Ok,
my radiator was leaking on my 95 yj. 2.5 engine with manual transmission
I ordered a new one and it showed up with transmission cooling line fittings.
I am going to call Napa tomorrow and see if they list a different one without the cooler lines.
If not. Any ideas on how to plug these fittings??
Thanks
Keviin

It will work for ur jeep. The transmission lines won't leak cuz there is no fluid in it. They just put it there to make it universal. Just cuz its inside the radiator don't mean coolant will get in it. So if ur question is will it fit and work with out leaking. Yes it will work and it won't leak sry for the long explanation lol

I just replaced mine on my 2001 2.5 TJ. Got the all-metal, double core radiator. The transmission line fittings will not leak, so you don't have to plug them.

There are some cheap all aluminum ones out there. I bought one a while back, and it lasted OK until I started getting a lot of mud between the fins... Ended up changing it for a larger one not because the cheap one failed, but because I wanted something that would work even with half of it clogged up by mud (I just got tired of overheating when bogging). I gave the old one to a friend, and he still has it on his rig. It also had the transmission cooler, but I just left those open and forgot about them (there must be at least a couple of pounds of mud in there!)

Back