Cold air intake

Whozon3rd

Ive got a 2.5...I know I know. But any who. I am wondering if it would be worth it to install a cold air intake and which one would be a good buy. That being said, I don't want to spend 500 bucks. My jeep is a 97 w/a 4" Full traction short arm lift with 4:88 gears on 33x12.50 I also have a banks header. I hope this info will help please let me know, Oh and I am from Davison MI.

Welcome to the Z. Consider a 4.0L throttle body or even a 62mm throttle body for a great boost in performance. An easy high-flow intake is to get a stock 4.0L airtube and attach a conical performance filter to the end.

Welcome to the Z. Consider a 4.0L throttle body or even a 62mm throttle body for a great boost in performance. An easy high-flow intake is to get a stock 4.0L airtube and attach a conical performance filter to the end.

Really, I was told that the TJ's 2.5 already have a bigger TB and if I did that that it would most likely hurt it.

everyone always talks about putting a cold air intake on their jeep but they are really only putting a hot air intake if they just put a cone filter but onto what i really wanted to say..

the mod i did on my fuel injected 4.0 jeeps was to pull the filter box and trim some of the side that faces the wheel well so it let in more air. not really a cold air but did let more air in. i also yanked that little restrictor in the air box.

you guys should look into throttle bodies from Leigh Performance Machine

i bought one from him for my renix powered 4 litre 87 cherokee and it would spin the 31s from a light if you got on it. this guy does these himself, he is a machinist and loves wranglers

I'm not really looking to upgrade my 4.0L right now, just curious about what "benefits" these mods really have.

Ive got a 2.5...I know I know. But any who. I am wondering if it would be worth it to install a cold air intake and which one would be a good buy. That being said, I don't want to spend 500 bucks. My jeep is a 97 w/a 4" Full traction short arm lift with 4:88 gears on 33x12.50 I also have a banks header. I hope this info will help please let me know, Oh and I am from Davison MI.

As BH already stated, start with the 4.0TB. I think you will most likely see more gains from that than the CAI. You can also go for the eFan; I bought mine for $28 from the Junkyard... Takes about another $40 to have it up and running.

The TJ 2.5L has a 2.5L throttle body, nothing larger. There is quite a power increase and a possible mileage increase when you install a larger throttle body. I have 4.0L and 62mm throttle bodies on hand, as well as 62mm throttle body spacers, shoot me a PM if interested.

Back