jeep dies why'll driving

luis

Ok I'm driving down the road and my tj just dies. Not stalling it. It just dies. It will start back up and run. Took it home and then it dies again any explanation? No check engine light on

The crank position sensor is a known problem of wigging out without throwing a code. I had it do it twice on my 01 TJ, without throwing a code.

May also be the Cam Position Sensor (it's in the distributor) although mine threw a code when it went out...

Utah_jeepster said:
The crank position sensor is a known problem of wigging out without throwing a code. I had it do it twice on my 01 TJ, without throwing a code.

How do I know its a crank sensor? Where is that located

I just recently had a problem like that. Check the temp you're runnin next Tim it kills.

35's and a Lift Kit. How Stuck can ya Get?

Shephard10 said:
I just recently had a problem like that. Check the temp you're runnin next Tim it kills.

200 plus. But it usually doesn't get that high even during the day

As soon as mine would get above 210* it killed. I'm usually runnin right below.

Anyway... If it's above the normal temp. it might just be overheated, that was my problem.

I just bought a taurus fan and plan on doin the electric fan swap whenever that comes in.

Mines been runnin' hot too, but I think its just the high summer temps. I plan on getting an electric fan, and getting a lower temp thermostat in before next summer. Any suggestions on a good electric fan? I've never had one before, and as I understand, its easier on the motor.

If you're willin to pay $400+ then I'd go with flex-a-lite s-blade. I hear those work extremely well. I just bought a fan off a 94 Taurus for $60 just trying to see if it helps out.

crank sensor,
Check your battery connections and all grounds. Be sure they are clean (bare metal), tight and not corroded. Load test battery and alternator.

Shephard10 said:
As soon as mine would get above 210* it killed. I'm usually runnin right below.

Anyway... If it's above the normal temp. it might just be overheated, that was my problem.

I just bought a taurus fan and plan on doin the electric fan swap whenever that comes in.

I drove it around today. Didn't temp didnt go near 200 degrees. It didn't overheat. I can't explain what happen. I was also near empty but don't think it was a factor

I drove it around today. Didn't temp didnt go near 200 degrees. It didn't overheat. I can't explain what happen. I was also near empty but don't think it was a factor

Did it happen or did it not happen today?

Back