Where do I start?

mudduck

I have read about all the ways to gain better performance from bolt on accessories. So where do I start? Is it with spark plug wires and a new ignion coil, maybe a new air intake, a weber carb, or new exhaust. My 95 yj is sporting a 2" susp lift and 32's. But everything else is stock. The only thing I really use my Jeep for is mudding and climbing steep dirt hills. Any help would be nice! Thanks

IMHO make the engine breathe better (ie air cleaner, exhaust, throttle body larger, etc.). The fire is also important for consistancy and fuel efficiency (GOD look at the prices going up again). Possible concerns with the computer are the amount of flexibility for changes in airflow. This area is a little foreign to me with the age my jeep is. Anyone else shed some light?

------------------
Deny
81CJ-7; Jeep... it's an addiction; If it ain't broke, you didn't play hard enough; AND A bad day jeepin is better that a great day at work! :cool:

Thank you for the airflow comment I hadn't thought about that even though I was planning on putting a small hood scoop on to get better air flow from the custom air intake i'm building. Any body know how much air (as in limit) can/should be forced in?

I think Jeeplover pretty much nailed it. All of those components go hand in hand and should give you a good little boost. When you start getting into ignition stuff the gains are minimal at best.

------------------
SHAUN
image-missing.png

Back