Upgrading tires

LuPac

Hey folks, n00b Jeep owner here. I just picked up a 2011 Unlimited and there is significant space to fill in the wheel wells with the stock 225/75/16 tires on. I was just wondering what size tires can I upgrade to that wont rub, but will also fill up some of the space in the wheel well.

You can put 33's on. If it will be a street jeep for now you'll fine. If you take it off road you will rub, and you will need to add larger bump stops.
If you use the stock wheels you will need to add wheel spacers.

You can put 33's on. If it will be a street jeep for now you'll fine. If you take it off road you will rub, and you will need to add larger bump stops.
If you use the stock wheels you will need to add wheel spacers.
So what can I use on the stock wheels that won't rub offroad?

Never mind, after a ton of research it looks like 31s are the biggest I could go without any issues.

I thought the JK Rubicons come with 32s? If I'm right the only thing that should keep you from running 32s also would be improper backspacing on your wheels.

Sent from my Droid using Jeepz

when i bought my 87, it had 265/75/16s on it. it rubbed off road but not alot because the flares are stock and it has no lift on it.

So what can I use on the stock wheels that won't rub offroad?
265/70-16's are about the same as a 31x10.50. If you're still worried then use a 255/70-16, lots of selection there because it was the stock size on Explorers which they made about 10 million of.

You looking to offroad? I know some brands the tires are taller then others even thou stating the same size. Also rim width can play a part there. Just a heads up. Good luck.

I thought the JK Rubicons come with 32s? If I'm right the only thing that should keep you from running 32s also would be improper backspacing on your wheels.

Sent from my Droid using Jeepz
But the Rubicons come with 17s, not the 16s mine has. The salesman at the dealer said I can put 33.5s on the Jeep without any mods, but I'm not sure if he meant just for looks or going offroad. I'm not going to be offroading that often, but in the offchance I want to, I don't want any rubbing.

So go with the 33"s and save a little for a good 3" lift, then you'll be set and good to go and it will look good too, you wont be dissapointed

So go with the 33"s and save a little for a good 3" lift, then you'll be set and good to go and it will look good too, you wont be dissapointed
How much for the lift, and any recommendations?

google is your friend on this type of stuff. you can find lift prices all over hte place.

i like old man emu for nice riding lifts that are well built but i also had no trouble with a rough country lift either.

Back