Franken yj

that is one crazy looking ride. I was wanting to gear my jeep in that direction but the wife wanted it to look more like a 4x4 jeep. As you all know when it comes to spending money, make the wife happy and she doesn't mind as much, lol. No seriously. My wife was a key player in my building this jeep and was 100% on board with the spending of all of the money it took to build this jeep. Although, if i would have had my way i would have made it 2wd, lowered it and stuck with the 302 with a roots blower and a world class t5 trans. As far as the other stuff it is like i wanted it for the most part. I will still put a holley 174 blower on it at a later date after we have driven the new off it. I know i shouldn't but it is on the top of my wish list on the summit racing web site

I know what you mean trying to keep the little lady happy. My wife only agreed to let me build a project car as a bonding experience with my son. Too bad he got into video games and lost interest from the start!. And now my wife complains about all the money I spent (and am continuing to spend).

i think it will be badass. i always wanted a two wheel drive street wrangler too. we have no off roading here so what is hte point, you know

That was exactly what I wrote years ago on multiple forums. If you think you have no off roading in Texas, imagine New York City. And I also wrote that all the people here with their lifted, big tired Jeeps with winches and a million candle power of lights are all phonies.

ha ha ha, i have been to new york once while on tdy. i thought it was very funny how everyone goes to those little parks and lays out in their swim suits on lunch and then goes back to work. it seems like every inch of grass had someone laying on it trying to get tan.

and zero off roading there, that is for sure!!

did those tin man motor mounts work out? i checked the site but being totally new to swapping engines between manufacturers, i didn;t see anything that said jeep

I used Novak mounts for my swap. They have several types-weld in or bolt on. I used bolt on that had multiple adjustments so I could get a precise fit. Now that everything is set, I think I will get my buddy to weld them up and remove the bolts for a cleaner look (and no worries about the bolts loosening).

By the way, Advance Adapter makes a set of long tube headers that fit nicely. They offset the engine a little to the passenger side to give clearance for the steering. You could also use hugger headers, but they offer less performance and keep the exhaust in side the frame rails.

The only problem with Novak is that they don't have a cool decal ;)

did those tin man motor mounts work out? I checked the site but being totally new to swapping engines between manufacturers, i didn;t see anything that said jeep

the tin man mounts that i bought were for a for 302 and are universal for street rods. You will have to cut your old mounts off and get a new clean surface to work with. Depending on what engine you have, you may have to offset your engine to the passenger side a little bit especially if you have a ford 8.8 rear end. One word of advice though, when you call to order your motor mounts, tell him to make the frame mounts about an inch longer so you can compensate for the offset.

ok. i don;t have an 8.8 yet but its on the list of things to do. its a 302, c6 trans, and tcase from an 82 bronco

If I end up needing wheelie bars, when everything is done, I will drive everywhere doing wheelies and smiling really big, ha ha ha

ok, the 302 is the normal 302 from the lariat model broncos with an mc2100 1.21 carb. the trans is the c6 that came in the same bronco. the tcase is an np208 with 31 splines and 2.62 low gear ratio. i had to google to find everything out on the t-case

ok guys, new question. i am collecting pre swap info and rough planning.

how far from edge of that round tube in front of hte radiator did you end up welding in your mounts?

i am going to see where about everyone has theirs mounted so i can start making a rough 302 dimension picture. i am going to try and ask everyone who has a 302 where they mounted things using some immovable point as the reference point and putting them all into this picture, or maybe an excel sheet, to see if everyone is hitting within a certain range and then maybe we can lay out a picture for future swap people so they will know to weld the mounts motor mounts here, put this here, etc. at least, that is my hope.

Man, that is a lot of work to go through , but at the same time it looks bad @ss! did you replace the t-case? if so wanna sell it? and how much? And just a note of thought, I had a question on here a bit ago about lighting, (round lights vs square) and a couple people told me " make it my own. I'm driving it and its mine, dress it up like I want to" ya know, what cool to me. So if you like it, then that's what matters. I think its cool lookin'. my .02

you are exactly right, there was a lot of work involved in getting the hood what i call, "ready to bolt on". It still doesn't fit right either. I just split the difference and i guess i will have to live with it until i can get my local fiberglass man to fix it. I was just hell bent on having a cowl induction hood. I will have it fixed later and while i'm in the process, i want to make the cowl opening a lot bigger. All in all i would have been better off cutting up my stock flat hood also.

Hello, New to Jeepz.com. I feel your pain on the hood. I bought a hood for my dodge ram and I am still not satisfied. So when I was building my jeep I decided to build my own. I hand rolled 16 ga steel into a cowl induction hood. I had every intention of making it functional, but after over 100 hrs of working this I just decided to mount it and I will work it out later. fully welded on the original hood. Your jeep looks great.
jeepinprogress 045.JPG

maidenvoyage 503.jpg

016.JPG

jeep 001.jpg

Hello, New to Jeepz.com. I feel your pain on the hood. I bought a hood for my dodge ram and I am still not satisfied. So when I was building my jeep I decided to build my own. I hand rolled 16 ga steel into a cowl induction hood. I had every intention of making it functional, but after over 100 hrs of working this I just decided to mount it and I will work it out later. fully welded on the original hood. Your jeep looks great.
View attachment 12382

View attachment 12383

View attachment 12384

View attachment 12385

That looks super cool. Did you buy or make them your self. If you got them from someone, will you be willing to share the info???? Pleaseeeeeee!

That looks super cool. Did you buy or make them your self. If you got them from someone, will you be willing to share the info???? Pleaseeeeeee!

Thank you, Its actually 1 piece of metal. I hand formed and hand rolled each. 100 hrs of work in the hood.

Back