1995 wrangler 2.5L issue??

nitrousheath

I have a 1995 wrangler with a 2.5L motor. I put new plugs, distributor, plug wires and updated all the liquids when I first bought it. Sometimes it will take two good times of cranking it to run but once it starts it idles like a kitten. It will literally idle like this for as long as you want to keep it running. My problem comes when you give it throttle even just a little throttle it shakes and spits and just goes completely lean. It feels like the thing is a bucking bronco. I then replaced the throttle position sensor and I even got another computer and still the same issue. I find it hard to believe that all the fuel injectors could go so i'm baffled. Any advice or input would be appreciated thanks....There are also 105,000 miles on it

could be clogged or dirty injectors
could be a clogged fuel filter under jeep
coil going out
timing could be out
clogged air filter
bad wires
bad fuel
bad dist cap
also bad wires or even the coil

when you say new dist just a new cap or the whole dist shaft
if it was the shaft you may have it in backwards 180 degrees this would be a big reason for your issue it may idle cause you can time it enough to idle but not to rev

their are many things that could cause this issue
all the above are the most common

high altitude , low altitude , even sea level if fuel system is not adjusted just right for any of these changes yes it will run rough

it can be any of these things

but my bet would be either clogged fuel filter or dirty injectors or just dirty air filter

Last edited:

Yea I know this problem can be many causes and it's process of elimination at this point....The air filter is fairly new and i blew that out so it shouldn't be hurting anything...It was the distributor cap with plug wires that were replaced....There is fuel pressure but I have not checked the fuel filter yet...The fuel filter and the injectors were my next guess at what could be causing my issues...mostly was looking for opinions from those who own and/or had these kind of issues...I will pull the fuel filter and check that next and see if it solves anything otherwise get some injectors off of ebay and see where that gets me....I hate chaseing my tail, i'd rather leave that to dogs:???:

Back