Which Fender Flares?

Crouse11c

I need to get huge 6.5 or 7" Flares on my 85 cj7 do to the super sized tires and Hawaii laws...But most I look at say I have to Drill and Cut.. The drilling is no problem but has anyone done the cutting portion. Will it be worth it to by some that I do not have to cut anything or go with the cheaper ones(200.00 less) i have to.. Thanks...

I need to get huge 6.5 or 7" Flares on my 85 cj7 do to the super sized tires and Hawaii laws...But most I look at say I have to Drill and Cut.. The drilling is no problem but has anyone done the cutting portion. Will it be worth it to by some that I do not have to cut anything or go with the cheaper ones(200.00 less) i have to.. Thanks...
MCE makes some nice flat flares for around 150$. You do have to cut some of your metal fender off, but they look really good. Just google MCE.
Adam

I've cut mine, and have done so plenty of times, I personally would prefer to open up the wheel wells to fit a larger tire than lifting.

that said, look for some used TJ sahara or rubicon flares.

my best advice is, if you actually plan on wheeling, avoid bushwacker flares at all cost. fo rthe price you pay, they are not at all durable. lightly tap a tree and they arill split, the plastic they are molded from are very rigid.

I used to run TJ flares and I literally folded them over on them selves and they pretty much pop back to shape. plus the TJ will require cutting and will open up the wheel well to fit larger tires.

Back