Hard Top Window questions (tint?)

jackflack44

Does anyone know the best way to fix this?

It seems the weather-stripping, or whatever the material is called that holds the side windows onto the jeep has a small gap on both side windows, anyone know the best way to fix it? Also, if anyone else has had their windows tinted, how much did it cost?

Attachments

• image-3994531877.png
    image-3994531877.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 452

Both of the wranglers I have owned had hard tops and both had that gap on the bottom.

I would think tinting the windows would be super cheap since they are all flat windows, probably do it yourself just as good though

Mine has the gap also...but each side has a little roughly 2" long metal c-type clip that attaches to the weatherstripping and covers the gap.

Those clips evidently don't stay attached very well. One side is loose and has slid off of the weatherstripping, while the other side is holding up just fine.

I don't think these clips will be easy to find, but maybe something could be fabricated to fill the space.

Larry

you know what i noticed the other day? my 87 hardtop still has those little clips that cover the gap on it. here i was thinking i was missing them on my top and hte top that was on the wife's old wrangler but i guess it was only hers that was missing them

I have a 92 YJ with the hardtop that I bought new. When the gap got longer than the clips I ordered new gaskets. The gaskets don't hold the window in. It was hard to get all of the glue out so they were hard to install and the gaskets come out in places every now and then. I push them back in. I used to cut a piece of the old gaskets and stick it into the gap. Now I have at least a two inch gap on them and just dont bother with it. Wish I had not replaced the old gaskets. Am back to where I stated. Just cosmetic.

Back