wont start

nathanbpd

my girlfriend has a 2006 jeep tj 2.4 and her jeep died now it wont start the codes are p0016, p2074, and p0340 could it be the camshaft position sensor and where is that located on this model.

It MIGHT Be! But, you have THREE different OBDll. Codes to deal with: P2074, P0016, and. P0340! That is a lot of codes! The. Codes mean: P0340 - - Camshaft position sensor circuit. P0016-- Crankshaft\Camshaft Timing Misalignment. 3. P2074 --- Manifold pressure- Throttle pos. Correlation, Vacuum Leak! Whew -- Sounds like a pretty big Issue!? What ENGINE did you say You had? Might be a broken Timing Belt!??? Maybe?? Comments?? You might need to have this ONE looked at by a Mechanic! I sense a fairly large problem! Guys?? - JB

nathanbpd said:
my girlfriend has a 2006 jeep tj 2.4 and her jeep died now it wont start the codes are p0016, p2074, and p0340 could it be the camshaft position sensor and where is that located on this model.

How many miles on the engine could be a timing belt also explains why it doesn't start

I took the cover off to inspect the timing belt and the belt is snapped. Thanks for your replies. Time to take it in to a shop$$$

Yep. It sure did sound LIKE a broken timing belt. Hope it does not cost an arm and a leg! LOL! -- Good luck with the repair! JB

Back