mounting a high lift jack

luis

I want to buy a high lift jack. But don't know how or where I would mount it on my jeep

I have a 97 tj with stock bumbers

I bought a hood mount to place my on. If you are concerned about theft, then consider a bracket set that goes over your trunk horizontally. Fits nicely and secured back there and it isnt as noisy. Only thing is your soft top will sit a little higher when you bring down.

meeker said:
I bought a hood mount to place my on. If you are concerned about theft, then consider a bracket set that goes over your trunk horizontally. Fits nicely and secured back there and it isnt as noisy. Only thing is your soft top will sit a little higher when you bring down.

Well the one I'm getting has a mount on it. How much is a hood mount?

Be careful mounting your hi-lift outside of your Jeep, they rust pretty quick.

You can lash it behind the rear seat - attach one end to each side of the roll bar.

TerryMason said:
Be careful mounting your hi-lift outside of your Jeep, they rust pretty quick.

You can lash it behind the rear seat - attach one end to each side of the roll bar.

Do I need a mount for that? I'm trying to think of the best way. And what height should I look for

terry has the right idea. we did pretty much what he said. the only problem I have is some vibrations from the jack but that's nothin some properly placed rubber won't stop

i looked at putting it behind my rear seat but it won;t let me open my toolbox then. i tried up higher also but no-go because the hardtop gets thinner up high

want it clean safe and out of harms way ,mount it inside ,want it bent dirty and not working put it on your bumper or bonnet ,important tool look after it ,you never know

I have my mounted on the hood and have't had any problems with it rusting just need to lube it up every once in a while!

Attachments

• image-2974426451.png
    image-2974426451.png
    816.1 KB · Views: 27,585
  • image-3554583969.png
    image-3554583969.png
    835.8 KB · Views: 3,722
  • image-3115709206.png
    image-3115709206.png
    828.3 KB · Views: 28,531
  • image-4155282740.png
    image-4155282740.png
    939.8 KB · Views: 9,571
I mounted mine inside between the roll cage downtubes using cyclone fence hardware for about $8.00. The Cobra (Hail Corbra!) lock was about another $20. Not a rattle out of this since last year.

5367669504_bd65e38e06-1.jpg

5454495500_b04c1b6383-1.jpg

5453883139_a3193f7ace-1.jpg

I mounted mine inside between the roll cage downtubes using cyclone fence hardware for about $8.00. The Cobra (Hail Corbra!) lock was about another $20. Not a rattle out of this since last year.

5367669504_bd65e38e06-1.jpg

5454495500_b04c1b6383-1.jpg

5453883139_a3193f7ace-1.jpg

I did pretty much the same on mine... You can see pics in the link Terry posted.

Turbogus said:

I think that's what ill do can I have the details and the parts u bought for it please :)

All I did was rifle through the cyclone fence bins at Homo Depot while engineering in my head. Despite years of mental abuse, it worked out fine!

Turbogus said:
All I did was rifle through the cyclone fence bins at Homo Depot while engineering in my head. Despite years of mental abuse, it worked out fine!

Any part details so my experience is a lot easier lol

Sorry, my email didn't report a new post to this thread. By now you've liely found what you're looking for. I don't recall exactly what the nomenclature of these parts were but basically there were two brackets that fit around the roll cage with room for a rubber gasket to hold fast. Also I used a flat "L" bracet to support the jack mechanism's heavy end much like a shelf.

Turbogus said:
Sorry, my email didn't report a new post to this thread. By now you've liely found what you're looking for. I don't recall exactly what the nomenclature of these parts were but basically there were two brackets that fit around the roll cage with room for a rubber gasket to hold fast. Also I used a flat "L" bracet to support the jack mechanism's heavy end much like a shelf.

Lol its all good, I had bought a toys by troy front bumber, it came with a front hi lift mount so that's where I have it now,

Back