Turn Signal Snaffoo

WobblyHeadBob

When I first got my Jeep I had some difficulty actually depressing the turn signal lever so that it would stick (lots of times I just held it through a turn) and then turn off automatically when the turn was completed. Well I solved one problem...In my frustration I forced the turn signal down for a left turn in a rather not-so-nice manner and now depressing that lever is a breeze. However, I've obviously broken whatever mechanism that automatically turns the blinker off when the steering wheel comes right again...Any easy fixes anyone know about so that my girlfriend will stop slapping me upside the head when she realizes before I do that for the last 15 miles I've been turning left? :cool: [addsig]

The only fix is to replace the whole lever. It is a pain too. You have to take apart the column plus unless you can find one at a junk yard that works it is very expensive at the dealer.[addsig]

If thats the case, I'll just wear a crash helmet to avoid the slapping and try to remember to manually switch it off...Two things I can do without in this world is expense and hassle...put the two together and I'm outta here. lol :cool: [addsig]

Back