Wheel size question

Ok thanks. A 4.88 what is that gonna set me back? Only have so much of the 'momma don't know of money' lol

jasonc said:
Ok thanks. A 4.88 what is that gonna set me back? Only have so much of the 'momma don't know of money' lol

I think maybe around 200 for a set now remeber you get what you pay for. Trust me your wife will get used to the jeep.

Wow surely not. That's pocket change compared to all i got in it so far. And your exactly right bugleboy, i learned that the hard way a few years back

jasonc said:
Wow surely not. That's pocket change compared to all i got in it so far. And your exactly right bugleboy, i learned that the hard way a few years back

Well surely the money is worth it I love my jeep and the nice jeeping community. I just looked on 4as.com and its roughly around 250-400 not sure on what axle you have

jasonc said:

thats a motto my dad has lol he tells me that and to always remember to say "yes dear" when she tells you to do something

Lol i agree. Ok thanks i absolutely love mine also. I bet the labor is a ton? And that's only parts ill need to run 35s?

jasonc said:
Lol i agree. Ok thanks i absolutely love mine also. I bet the labor is a ton? And that's only parts ill need to run 35s?

Well gearing wise yes. But then there is the question of axle shaft strength and how it will hold to the oversized tires. Is it the stock Dana 35 or 44?

I have zero idea. All this dana talk, axels talk, gear sizes etc etc etc is like hearing chinese to me lol. I don't have a clue. When i first got it a few months ago i just thoght i could lift it and slap 44s on it with no problems lol

jasonc said:
I have zero idea. All this dana talk, axels talk, gear sizes etc etc etc is like hearing chinese to me lol. I don't have a clue. When i first got it a few months ago i just thoght i could lift it and slap 44s on it with no problems lol

I thought the same thing when i 1st got my tj. Boy how wrong was I. U should have the Dana 35 unless you have the rubicon. But I'm not sure. But its proubly a good idea to upgrade the axle shafts since ull be changing gears. With the 35s it will prouble br

jasonc said:

I thought the same thing when i 1st got my tj. Boy how wrong was I. U should have the Dana 35 unless you have the rubicon. But I'm not sure. But its proubly a good idea to upgrade the axle shafts since ull be changing gears. With the 35s it will prouble break your stock shafts sooner or later.

Okay thanks again. But again i don't do much off road (yet) and i only drive it a couple days a week usually just a few miles so maybe my stock axels and gears will be ok for a while

Having a YJ you have a dana35 rear and a dana30 cad (central axle disconnect ) front axle. You could try and hit a junkyard and get some axles from a 4cly yj. They would bolt right up and they would already have 4.10 gears in them, the 4clys were geared lower to try and make up for 2 less clyinders. That would be a cheaper way to go right now and then you could upgrade/regear when funds premit.

but that would still leave you with a Dana 35. The dana 35 is junk my friends and will not last running 35's.DO not put money into it. Get a Ford 8.8 or Dana 44.

Dana 44 would be the cheapest pull them from a junked rubicon and you'll get axles that will bolt right up and are decently strong and plus you will have lockers it may be pricey tho and hard to find. I'm trying to find a pair myself :( no luck tho

Okay. Can i just run stock with 35s till somethin does break and then just upgrade then? Or is that to dangerous?

I wana retrack my previos post I keep thinking you have a tj which is what I have... But to answer your question you can do that aslong as your easy on the pedal but don't take it out to far cause if it does break you'll want to be close to your house or atleast near a shop and not be stranded

Well I'm much easier on pedal and drive like a grandpa comared to ten years ago before my kids and when i had my vette lol. And got tripple a now. So unless i hear real good reasons otherwise, ill just slap some used 35s on it after my lift thurs and drive it easy till i bust something, then my tight azzz will go the used explorer parts upgrade i guess :confused:

Back