Wheel size question

measure how wide the tire is. I think you can fit up to a 12.5 on an 8 in wide rim. I may be mistaken though

It depends on which rims you have. You need at least an 8 inch wide rim for 12.5 tires. It will fit on narrower rims but it will wear out the center of the tire real fast.

33 s are on. Its amazing how much better my yj looks now with the 3 inch lift and 33 s!!! I have learned a lot on this forum, and this newbie really appreciates all the help from you guys last couple months. Next project is applying yellow durabak on outside this weekend. Just got finished sanding it down yesterday. I think its going to look great with the hurculined tub i have already done. Thanks again everyone!

what gears do you have? yeah maybe you can fit them but can you move them! You gonna run 33's with 3:07 gears? good luck.

Have no idea what gears are in it lol. Seems to run just fine so far. Getting 4 inch suspention lift on it next thurs. Then i want 35s. How do i find out what gears it has?

The first year that i had my YJ, I ran 33x12.5s with 3.07 gears. The only time it realy bothered is when i got into some Realy rough places. It will wear your clutch faster and i would suggest that you change to lower gears as soon as you can afford it but you can get by with it if your careful. You won't be using overdrive as often.

look at the latest issue of JP mag 4" lift 33" tires on a YJ
6" lift 35" tires.I would not run 35" tires with 3:07 gears.

Ok thanks for all info again guys. I will def want 35s as soon as possible after 4 inch suspention lift goes on next week. I already have 3 inch body lift and i think the 33 s i have on now will look to small after 7 inches of total lift. What exactly is the mnimum i need to do to axels or gears to be able to run 35s or bigger? And what's cheapest route to do it?

jasonc said:
Ok thanks for all info again guys. I will def want 35s as soon as possible after 4 inch suspention lift goes on next week. I already have 3 inch body lift and i think the 33 s i have on now will look to small after 7 inches of total lift. What exactly is the mnimum i need to do to axels or gears to be able to run 35s or bigger? And what's cheapest route to do it?

With gears I really wouldn't go cheap cause if you do cheap parts they will break sooner or later especially since you'll be running bigger tires

Ok then best way to do it without being cheap but with having a wife that's starting to get ****ed about all the money i spent on my new toy?!!! Lol

jasonc said:
Ok then best way to do it without being cheap but with having a wife that's starting to get ****ed about all the money i spent on my new toy?!!! Lol

Lol just tell her its a jeep thing and she will understand. My girlfriend was acting the same way, I let her drive it (once) then she was hooked. As far as the cheapest way is having some one do it right the 1st time. I'm not sure and don't quote me but you may have 3.07 gears and I think you need 5.13 which I think may also need a new carrier cause the difference in size. Unless you know how to set up and install gears id take it to a offroad shop that you trust or has a good reputation. Also if money is an issues just do the rear 1st and take the front driveshaft off, you won't have 4 wheel drive but you will look cool or you can just put a sticky note on the dash reminding you not to engage the transfer case lol

Yea a shop will have to do it. Replacing a valve cover gasket is the top of my mechanical skills lol. And she can't drive it. With my new seats she can't reach the pedals. Lol

jasonc said:
Have no idea what gears are in it lol. Seems to run just fine so far. Getting 4 inch suspention lift on it next thurs. Then i want 35s. How do i find out what gears it has?

I put in 4.88 when I put on my 35"

jasonc said:
Yea a shop will have to do it. Replacing a valve cover gasket is the top of my mechanical skills lol. And she can't drive it. With my new seats she can't reach the pedals. Lol

Ya I wanted to do mine my self then is would have needed to buy all this special tools and shims it would have been a headache for me since it would have been my 1st time doing axles. Tell your wife to sit on your lap and steer and you work the pedals

jasonc said:
Do jeeps end up causing divorces? Lol

divorces are expensive you'll wana save that money for your jeep

Back