Heater core removal on 2002 wrangler ?

dennyray

Ok ,the heater core on my 2002 jeep wrangler is bad ,will be replacing this week end ,the question is what are the do's and don'ts of this,i know it's a pain in the rear.just looking for any tricks or ideas to make it go a little better .whats the average time to remove and install ,thanks.this jeep will be almost new when done.new front end parts ,rearend ,drive shaft joints ,plugs ,belt,battery,brakes ,exhaust,stereo,serviced trans and case.any way thanks to all for the help,hope every one has a good year.

I haven't done it yet but I've looked it up and do know that the steering column and dash have to come out, which means dealing with the airbags. For now I just dumped in a can of Bar's Leak and the coolant smell is not as bad.

I haven't done it yet but I've looked it up and do know that the steering column and dash have to come out, which means dealing with the airbags. For now I just dumped in a can of Bar's Leak and the coolant smell is not as bad.
Yes i looked it up as well, bars leak is a no go for me don't like the stuff long run causes more problems,i;m getting the foged windows,wet floor board ,i'll replace it this week end ,thanks just looking for a few tricks that there might be to save time.

You're in worse shape then, ours didn't leak on the floor but you could smell antifreeze.
I really got the Jeep for my daughter, as it happens her boyfriend is going to auto mechanic school and the school will repair vehicles for only the cost of the parts, it being a learning experience and all. Sometime this year they will learn how to replace the heater core of a Jeep.

You're in worse shape then, ours didn't leak on the floor but you could smell antifreeze.
I really got the Jeep for my daughter, as it happens her boyfriend is going to auto mechanic school and the school will repair vehicles for only the cost of the parts, it being a learning experience and all. Sometime this year they will learn how to replace the heater core of a Jeep.
A little advice have them to check the ac avaporator core as well,the antifreze set up corrosion on mine from leaking ,mine started with a little smell as well ,it get's worse.it's a good time to clean and replace rusted nuts and bolts,it's not that bad of a job as most think ,it's just takes a lot of time ,you must have patiance.it took me 5hrs to remove and install.

Back