looking to buy a cherokee

drivetrainsman

I want a 91-97 Cherokee but I am specific about what I want but I am having a hard time finding it so here goes!

first 91-97 Cherokee
4X4
5 speed
4 door
Now I have no idea if there is even one out there! I have read that a 5 speed is rare for those years!

I had a 88 Comanche and loved it but I want to be able to carry kids!

so in advance thank you for all your input!

MiKe

Oh and this is my first post!

I see lots of manual 4 doors up here lol. I own three of them. Most up here are 4 door 5 sod I had to look hard to find my auto. But this is in Canada

Look for a sport. Lots of them are 4 dr 5spd. I have a rare limited that the wife drives. Leather and power everything drove it up from Texas

Thank you guys the info has helped but the search continues! they are hard to find here in northern California
Found a couple but they sell fast!

Look for a sport. Lots of them are 4 dr 5spd. I have a rare limited that the wife drives. Leather and power everything drove it up from Texas

Is a red 98 limited (or 99, can't remember exactly) my mom had one and sold it and it left the state

I don't know about this cherokee thing, think I need one. But haveing a hard time convinceing myself that's the way to go. Especially when I see a wrangler sitting next to a cherokee.

gennybro said:
I don't know about this cherokee thing, think I need one. But haveing a hard time convinceing myself that's the way to go. Especially when I see a wrangler sitting next to a cherokee.

Go with an older cherokee that way you can still take your doors off. Sometimes I wish I still had a wrangler but with kids its a little rough.

I have a Cherokee 95 as you want !!!! But... I'm in Guatemala!!!! Jajaja here are a lot almost anybody want them becuase the mpg... Sometimes i think im the only one who's crazy to have one with the price of gas... Thats when i get into the this forum and i see that im not the only one!!!! Good Luck!!!

If you were close to me, there is a 97 with 6 cylinder and automatic trans but the trans needs to be replaced for 650 bucks

That's a lot for an older Cherokee. Less then 3k is more what it should be, like 2300 or so

superj said:
That's a lot for an older Cherokee. Less then 3k is more what it should be, like 2300 or so

Depends on where he lives...around ohio price double and even triple in winter. Everyone selling a old 4x4 thinks they've struck the lottery...

I have seen them stock for 1200-2500 but i have seen lifted one around the same price! Snow isn't an issue with the valley here or the bay area! (where the jeep is)
here is a photo from the ad

Attachments

• redjeep.jpg
    redjeep.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 192

Sucks not having anyone to drive for 8 hours round trip to look at the jeep so the search continues!

the search narrows down i am going to Redding (2 hours away) to look at a 93 Cherokee with a couple problems! for $2000 we shall see how it goes!

Back