Lift blocks????

Are springs over or under the axle and never blocks In the front. Never!!!! Rear blocks are ok but will make axle wrap worse.

They are under. I thought about a spring over, just trying to fig. Out the cheapest rout. Do you have any prob. If I just do a 2"-3" body lift???

What about shackles. With the leafs. under the axle you would lower it with blocks.

Yeah absolutely right. Lol if you can't tell I'm new at this Jeep thang. I got the frame all wire brushed and undercoated this weekend. I want it to look good and go anywhere on a budget.

That's cool. Sounds like a fun project. If you want it go go any where budget for at least a rear locker. Front if possible.

1 no to lifts blocks
2 spring over will get you to much lift and axle wrap. not for you.
3 You should not use a body lift over 1" or a shackle lift over 3/4".
bad things can happen by doing any of these things.

Rubiconrich said:
1 no to lifts blocks
2 spring over will get you to much lift and axle wrap. not for you.
3 You should not use a body lift over 1" or a shackle lift over 3/4".
bad things can happen by doing any of these things.

bad things? like broken blocks, leafs or springs? i just bought a kit with 1" lift blocks and 1.75" poly spacers in the front... bad choice?

scared me lol everyone was suggesting a budget lift with spacer blocks to even out the stock sag in the back

bugleboy said:
scared me lol everyone was suggesting a budget lift with spacer blocks to even out the stock sag in the back

With your xj u will be fine. A renegade has leafs up front.

SOA are fine and I love the looks of them on a CJ & YJ. If you have the time and know how to do it the right way, go for it.
Add-a -leafs are ok & cheap but they give a harsh ride. Moving to a better shock might help.
I was looking at lift kits (2''- 2.5'') a you can get them from $ 500- $ 800 with springs and shocks.

I'll defiantly look at add a leaf. Is that
something an individual can do????
What kinda money are we looking at??

Why do you want to put god aweful amounts of lift into a 80-something inch wheel base jeep?

SOA on stock CJ springs and you will be looking at a lot of other issues, axle wrap being the worse, and you will have it both front and rear. If you were hell bent on a SOA lift, use stock YJ springs. at all four corners. will ride better and the spring wrap will not be as bad.

If I were you, I would look for a 2.5" spring under lift and run some 34" skinny tires.

Can you please explain why axle wrap is such an issue with a cj but not a 4x4 truck? I had a 76 cj-7 with a 360 in it and a soa and never had any problems. Ive read articles everywhere about it but still dont know why its such a big deal with jeeps. The only time its an issue with a truck is when they use a 4"-12" block to lift it. What Im getting at is why does it make a difference if the axle is above or below the spring? The same amount of force will still be used to turn the wheels.

Back