Right head light

Midnightsecurity

Has any one had trouble with the passenger side low beam light burning out? This is driving me nuts! I installed the H4 hella conversion kit on my 99TJ last spring, and installed PIAA lights, there seems to be an issue with the pass side low beam burning out, I've gone through 3 sets of lights in less then a year, at $120 a pop this is getting a little old!

Any similar issues ?

holy cow!!!! i hadn't heard anything but i am not a tj guy so i haven't been on any boards. thats crazy though. read any odd things from other people on google?

I've run the Hella conversion on my van for a couple of decades now and over the years the quality of H4 bulbs have waned. What was once stellar quality amongst the manufaturers is now kaput likely to production being moved overseas for the most part. Only in the last 5 or 6 years I've had the exact trouble you're describing, using Wagner 130/100 H4's. A word on the wiring, I re wired the headlight wirning from the switch using 12 gau to replace the wimpy 8 gau, incorporated one relay for each headlight and moved the entire circuit to my 2nd battery that has no starter demand on it. Right now I'm trying another maker "Vision X" whoever they are, the output wattage is slightly less but it's holding up now for about 9 months. Perhaps what's cutting the life short is the high wattage, inkeeping with the idiom what shines twice as bright lasts half as long.

They were willing to cover them under warranty, unfortunately I needed to keep the original packaging to do it! So I'm out another $120, but this time I'm keeping my damn box!

You might think of just go ahead and get the Truck- Lite LEDs.
They are high, but no worries.
I am glad I bought them and I really love them.

Back