Primer stuff????

What's the name of that stuff that kills rust and turns into primer. Where can I buy it. Thanks y'all.
There's so many different brands. I know Permatex makes one, that's the only brand name I can think of right off the bat. Eastwood probably makes one, I know they make an inner frame coating that's suppose to stop rust. Where are ya using it? I'm thinking of using either chassie saver or POR15 on the bottom side of my tub. Both products say you can paint over rust and stop it permantly.

I have already got my frame done with a grinder and a wire wheel and undercoating. Now since the body is off and sitting on saw hoarded
I fig. I'll go ahead and do it. This is my deer huntn rig, so I'm
Not to worried on looks just functionality. Thanks

I use one that I get from my body supply shop. Called rust mort. Works amazing but you need a mask and gloves as its 70% phosphoric acid. But im on year 6 of treated metal not rusting at all.

Many auto paint suppliers carry various products to inhibit rust.Most are top shelf products.
If its in a can for $6 you will get exactly that in coverage and protection
Spend the bucks do it once and make it last and move on.

The phospheric acid ones (once again cant remember the damn brand) is 12 bucks for a 1 gallon jug at ace

Got some rustoleum brand stuff today. I didn't know everybody and there momma made this stuff. Thought it was one kind. Lol thanks for all the help.

I was gonna mention the Rustoleum Rust Converter, don't know how well it works long term but I like how it goes on and the finish.

POR15 is also top-notch and worth the expense, just use a topcoat if exposed to UV rays.

I was gonna mention the Rustoleum Rust Converter, don't know how well it works long term but I like how it goes on and the finish.

POR15 is also top-notch and worth the expense, just use a topcoat if exposed to UV rays.
You can use just regular paint over POR15 can't ya?

They sell a topcoat specifically for it, don't know about using any other paint. I do know POR15 has one hell of a tough smooth finish, I really like using it on areas prone to rust.

They sell a topcoat specifically for it, don't know about using any other paint. I do know POR15 has one hell of a tough smooth finish, I really like using it on areas prone to rust.
I run a bikini top from early spring to as late fall as I can. My Jeep's had floor patches put in by the previous owner but he didn't put any paint on 'em. I'd like to put something like the POR15 on the whole inside so it can get wet and wont rust but I don't want it to shine. Not interested in a bedliner type coating.

Got the exterior of the body lookn good. Got it prep'd and painted( undercoated.) looks purdy good for a mud bug!! Thanks for yalls help. I'll be back with other questions I'm sure.

Back