Tire question

fubar62172

Will I have much trouble putting 33 X 12.5 X R15 tires on my 98 jeep wrangler? I do not have any lift kit in it. Thanks for any info

They'll fit physically but 33" tires will rub with the slightest movement in suspension, like entering a sloped driveway or gas station entrance at an angle. The 12.5" wide tires will run more on the lower control arms when turned to full-lock.

Typically 31x10.50 is the biggest you can fit on a stock height TJ. Depending on the backspacing of your rims you may have to adjust the steering stops to prevent rubbing at full steering lock.

quickartist said:
I am going to lift jk 2.5". Can I then put on 35". Would 32" be too small?

We do 35s with a 4.5 on the jks. 2.5 will clear 33s. You will have to shim your steering stops to stop rubbing at full lock.

Jester32 said:
We do 35s with a 4.5 on the jks. 2.5 will clear 33s. You will have to shim your steering stops to stop rubbing at full lock.

Thank you

They were bf goodrich and I work at a dodge dealer. I called a tire warehouse and got 4 blemish tires for 30% off. The white lettering wasn't printed right.

Probably not. It will hit the brakes. I believe 16s will fit with the proper offset.

on 100% stock tj suspension, 31" tire is about it, I know people who put 32" all terrains on, but they generally measure closer to 31" so it is pretty much a wash.

You can fit a 315-75r17 (35" tire) on a JK with 3" of lift and stock control arms and thats about it. the most cost effective way to have a "cool looking JK" to drive around in is to put on a spacer lift and some 33's

Back