lift thoughts

01 tj with the 4 liter already have the 4 inch rough country suspension. Thinking about adding 2 inch coils.

For now I would like to get buy without installing a slip yoke kit. And I see people everywhere saying that 35's are not recommended on the dana 35. On my first TJ I owned I ran 35's with no problem on that dana 35 and it was an everyday driver whereas this Jeep I only drive 2 or 3 times a week.

With 6" you'll need an SYE. 35s can work on the dana35 but there is a very high chance it will break, maybe not onroad as much as off.

If you add the 2 in coil you will need to get the slip yoke Eliminator. I had to install it on mine with a 4in suspension lift and 3 in body. I have 35s on mine and have to trouble. I off-road alot and put it places nobody else does. Dana 35s or stronger than people give credit.

Do you plan on doing this with stock lengths arms?

also whats your intended tire size? with that much lift, you should be in the 35-36" tire range, and at that point you are pretty much beyond the useable strength of your axles in stock configuration.

I've mentioned is plenty of times, I've sheered a D35 pinion with stock tires and welded diff. The D35 is a turd of an axle. The shafts are weak, the pinions are weak, the ring gear is puny, the center pins easily sheer, and carriers are prone to cracking. They do make goood boat anchors.

Smarter approach.

IMHO, 2.5-3" of lift is pretty much the max for a stock length control arm.

4" is do-able, but not at all ideal, the geometry will be all off.

Here is a video that demonstrates fairly well one of the side effects of tall lift and short arms.

I have just installed a SkyJacker 4inch. I wanted to add something on top of it/ like 2inch. What I ended up doing is adding flat fenders flares. Looks big/cool with 33s.

they make a drop kit to drop down the lower arms, don;t they? i put that on my cherokee when i lifted it way up and the ride went from really rough to like i was riding in a caddy

Back