Got some issues

absolutemoon

Feel like there should be a non mechanic (dumb ass) section. I am trying to replace gaskets in my trans an trans case. I started to remove the skid plate and low and behold everything started to come with it. Trans, trans case and all. How the heck do you get to the trans pan and transfer case gaskets without removing the skid plate? It's a 258 with a tf999 and Dana 300. Thanks. Bryan

absolutemoon said:
Feel like there should be a non mechanic (dumb ass) section. I am trying to replace gaskets in my trans an trans case. I started to remove the skid plate and low and behold everything started to come with it. Trans, trans case and all. How the heck do you get to the trans pan and transfer case gaskets without removing the skid plate? It's a 258 with a tf999 and Dana 300. Thanks. Bryan

Use jack stands and use the to support the tail of the transmission. Then just unbolt the skid plate and the transmission mount bolts and it will come down

Transfer case is connected to the transmission so no need for that. But once you have the skip plate off I would out one to support the transfer case just for extra protection. But shouldnt have an issue while removing the skip plate

absolutemoon said:
Thank you very much. I should have paid more attention in auto class.

We all learn as we go lol. I never took any classes. Just trail and error. And maybe a chilton manual to help out a bit

I'm on the Eastern shore. Couple of hours away from you. If your ever takin a trip to the ocean and feel like turning a wrench, then call me. There is always something to fix. Thanks. Bry

I'm on the Eastern shore. Couple of hours away from you. If your ever takin a trip to the ocean and feel like turning a wrench, then call me. There is always something to fix. Thanks. Bry

yeah man im down pm me your number my brother lives on the shore so im over there a few times of the year and im sure we can meet up

Back