ripping out the carpet on a YJ

duckkillerclyde

once you rip out the carpet and rhino line or line x the entire inside, is there much road noise difference? I know carpet helps damper some sound just curious as to how much of a difference.

It's probably about the same difference as with your window up verses the window down. Maybe not quite as much, but close.

i need to find some carpet for mine. the heat from the engine and trans melts all the ice in my tea while driving

with the windows up and the plugs in the floor area, its not really noisy at all, other then the wind noise from the lack of aerodynamics the jeep has but i don;t know. when i compare my no carpet hard top and full metal doors to the wife's old fully carpeted yj with hard top and full metal doors, it is a heck of a different amount on noise. hers, the kids would easily fall asleep in on long trips, mine..... they fall asleep but not so easily. they like it better since i moved the seat back and up so i think that was the main issue. i don;t think noise is really a problem because when the windows are up and the top is on, i ride with the radio very low and can talk on the cell and hear it easily.

i took the carpet off on my YJ and i didnt think it was too bad. It is noticeable, but i don't have much complains about it

duckkiller im glad to see things are moving along well and that you have alot of projects to keep you busy with your jeep :)

Back