windshield folded down question

how do you keep the windshield from breaking when folded down? I need it down so I can shoot better as I am right handed.

The windshield frame meets up with the footman's loop things on the hood so nothing is touching the glass.

I guess I didn't think of it..... I should make me a cool footman loop out of billet with rubber bumpers on it. I will have to think about that.....

It's sweet driving with the windshield down but wear goggles or some mind of face shield. Bugs hurt on the highway

Not sure if illegal in Florida but I drove mine with the windshield down a bunch of times. I never realized that it might be illegal.... I will have to check on that...... Oooooops.

If you are hunting,then it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle, whether the windshield is down or not.

Not sure if illegal in Florida but I drove mine with the windshield down a bunch of times. I never realized that it might be illegal.... I will have to check on that...... Oooooops.

There is a difference between not having windshield and having one but just folded down....

If you are hunting,then it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle, whether the windshield is down or not.

Not for predators and Ferrell Swine on private ground it isn't. We use spotlights and machine guns too. Predators are not protected in Oregon nor are Ferrell Swine. 'Technically' it is not hunting. It is also legal to shoot from a vehicle if your engine is stopped and so is all motion created by engine, if you are handicapped.

*Maybe people should realize that states have different laws and no matter what laws they have in their respected area, they do not trump the laws in Oregon.

Last edited:
Heckofa windblast coming over the hood at highway speeds though

98 R1 170MPH is what I've had on her. Can't be worse than that.

If anyone has ever drove that fast on the highway, $hit comes up fast and if you see a car pulling out in front of you a half mile away, you had better be in the other lane and praying they're not turning left. The lines on the road look like dots. It is really no different than doing 100MPH, either way you're dead and whatever you hit is dead.

98 R1 170MPH is what I've had on her. Can't be worse than that.

I'm hip, my Z1R turbo rolls right up too, but I think the accellerated windblast is the realative wind combined with pressurized airflow pushed up from the front of the grille.

Back