Polyurethane bushings

Pcoz88

Are they worth it?Can i install these with out a tear down of my jeep?Any and all info appericated!!! :-? :-?

edited by: Pcoz88, Mar 23, 2003 - 04:05 PM[addsig]

What will you be putting the bushings in? If its suspension, it's rather easy. Body mounts on the other hand, I'm not to sure about. If I remember right it took me about 4 hours with few tools and a non heated garge in the winter. Hope this helps and good luck, Paul[addsig]

very much so. their resistance to breakdown is higher than rubber and they flex with a little more rigidity effectively stiffening up your suspension.

daymark has a kit for body lift (i installed the 1" lift) with the lift integral to the body mounts, unlike the normal 'performance' lift kits with solid pucks that sit atop of your stock mounts.

installation is relative to your experience and tool inventory.

worth the expense if you're replacing them anyway. not sure if it's worth the time if you're stock parts are serviceable.

m
[addsig]

poly will give a harsher ride. poly doesnt transfer the shock of the road as well,but as far as body roll is concerned there really isnt any.they are more impervious to oil coolant,power steering fluid ect. they come in several different colors and you can research it online. i had far more sway on my jeep than i wanted at hiway speeds,4 inch suspension, i installed body and suspension poly bushings and the differance is very noticeable.[addsig]

Back