4WD indicator light stays on

rbelair

Same jeep,08 Wrangler 4x4 3.7.
After reaching operating temp all... idiot lites come on as far as for four wheel drive system and 4 wheel will not engauge. 4 wheel works before all lites come on.
Senser in trans,transfercase??

Thank you.
Rodney:x

After reaching operating temp all... idiot lites come on as far as for four wheel drive system and 4 wheel will not engauge. 4 wheel works before all lites come on.

Thank you.

Thats why i drive CJ's I have a friend that works at dodge will ask him and get back to you

Thank you.

Are you saying that the 4WD indicator light stays on (indicating that you are in 4 wheel drive)?

There is a sensor on the exterior of the transfer case that tells your Wrangler if it's in 4 wheel drive. Make sure that it isn't damaged

Attachments

• tcaseswitch.jpg
    tcaseswitch.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,141
rick said get it scanned. but he thinks theres a short in a relay

Figured that much but Dodge wants Min. of $100 to scan it and auto stores scaners cant tell me.:???:
Four wheel works fine untill it reaches operating temp. than ALL the 4x4 ind. lights come on and 4x4 no longer works.

Back