tracks for my tj

captjanes

wondering if anyway has tracks for their jeep and if they are any good and where i can get them to and a price range.. we have alot of snow and i like to put tracks on my jeep for out in the bogs and for ice fishing

i have only seen pics. has google found anything?

MattTracks is the only supplier I know of. They have them for everything from quads to H1's. Not cheap. Last I looked was about $2000 for a quad.

I would imagine posi or locking differentials would be bad news with tracks, and you'd really want to install a braking system that would brake left or right, and still be normal with the brake pedal.. that way you could steer by braking like a cat does.. and all of this is null and void if you go with individual tracks per wheel.. ha.. thought about it and remembered seeing a jeep with a track setup on each wheel, only makes sense to do it that way.. (go back to sleep wayne)....

I know a couple of guys up in Northern New England that run homemade tracks on their rigs. While not as nice as the matttracks, they are functional. basically that use snow mobiles tracks. I think I took a picture while back, see if I can find it.

I don't have the photo, here read this.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854333

mattracks give me a quote taxes in and shipping to my door for a little over $20,000.. i think i will be riding my skidoo for a while yet haha

dang that totals my jeep like five times over, i never put that much money into it, but dang thats some cool stuff isnt it?

Back