The Rat

Dallas Bingley

I just put a Jet Stage 1 Chip in my 09 Rubicon, has anyone else used one in this 3.8? I'm looking for more torque and power and wondering if it will affect the gas mileage.

Last edited:

anytime u add power to an engine u get worse mpg due to the fact u keep "trying to see if i got more power" lol now on A serious note i would say yes u might gain some mpg but on the other hand changing the air fuel mapping may take away some mpg but prob not much... the thing is unless u have other mods done its not going to add much. the normal ecu on a car truck can adjust up to 20% of whatever mods u do. i dont have a chip in mine and i have a cold air intake 62mm throttle body header & high flow exhaust. and an e fan.

Last edited:
I doubt you will see much of an MPG increase, as you will most likely be getting on it more as well to feel the power. Theoretically, your engine is supposed to be more efficient and get you up to speed while using less gas, but I don't think it's realistic. The gains are probably the same as if you were to increase the psi in your tires a little more, minimal.

You want a good chip? Get Lays. Nothing beats Lays. And you can't stop at just one. But seriously there are many threads on chips, programmers, and other add ons that do not work.
Bore out the cylinders, get a stroker or larger engine. Or a Turbo.

I have driven it twice and my MPG went up 3 and it feels like I have quicker throttle and more torque on hills in 4 gear.

How about Headers for this 3.8, I have a cool air box and Jet Chip and felt more power with both; has anyone tried Headers on this weak 6 cylinder?

i am putting off ever getting a v6 powered wrangler. but, if you get your v6 to be decent, i might get one for the wife later on down the road

Back