Transmission stuck.

USMCRubi

K guys I need some help. Transmission is sticking in first. When I first take off all is well. Shifting and all. Then when a slow enough to drop into 1st no more shift. The transmission stays in 1st. I got a 700 code. I think it's a sensor or something like that. Anybody got a better answer.

whoa, got to wait for one of the newer jeep guys. if you had a tf999, like i have, i would say adjust the trans lever but you don;t got taht part, ha ha ha

USMCRubi said:
K guys I need some help. Transmission is sticking in first. When I first take off all is well. Shifting and all. Then when a slow enough to drop into 1st no more shift. The transmission stays in 1st. I got a 700 code. I think it's a sensor or something like that. Anybody got a better answer.

I'd look up what the code says. What year is your jeep? I have a chilton manual and I can look up what the code is and possible fixes and can get back to you on that issue

700 is a general transmission problem code, lots of transmission problems can throw it. Transmission fluid is at its proper level?

Yes fluid is at proper level. Someone I talked to said it was a neutral safety switch.

I dunno, sounds like a line pressure issue from the valve body, but with out having the vehicle in my posession, really can't diagnosis. if you shift the trans mannually, with it move between gears? how about romping on the gas, will it switch between?

I'm talking to chrysler now. Apparently it may be an issue with a valve in the valve body.

Back