NY and PA drivers stay out of the fast lane in NJ

jay89

Please, for the love of god stay out of the fast lane in NJ. For those of you who do not know" THE LEFT LANE IS THE FAST LANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-x [addsig]

May I ask why? I'm a PA driver and work in NJ. When need be I do go in the fast lane. Is this a new law or something or just your personal gripe?

TARSI[addsig]

haha i know how you feel... i'm a PA driver, occasionally you'll find me in NJ, but only when i'm on my way to the shore... doing 80!!! :)[addsig]

It is a personal gripe but should be a law! It is not just me ask any New jerseyan. You guys barely even get up to the speed limit.[addsig]

I can't speak for others, but I go over the speed limit in the slow lane. In the fast lane I'm doing at least 20 over. so there :p ;-)

TARSI[addsig]

I think in some places it may be law.. .. I know of places here in Texas where there are signs that say "Left lane for passing Only" - and I just heard about a local radio guy here who got pulled over on his way to louisiana for driving in the left lane. He (actually the limo driver) was only given a warning though..

There's really no reason to be over there unless you're passing - otherwise you're just holding up the faster moving traffic..
[addsig]

having learned to drive on the turnpike, the left lane was always revered as the really fast lane. get in and get out 'cause there's always a faster car bearing down on you.

now that i'm in florida, where the aging jersians go to put in the left lane, i see that everyone drives in the left lane.

it's as if they think the right lane is just a really big shoulder. after several valium, i learned to deal with this florida phenomenom easily - the right lane is always open!

but, isn't it still illegal in jersey to pass on the right??
[addsig]

heh...had to jump on this one.....The ONLY reason I slow down in Jersey, is when I'm traveling around one of your famous Jersey circles, so my advice to you my friend (in jest, just so everyone knows) is to try your post again once your sandbox of a state learns how to build an intersection. LOL

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

The (left or) passing lane is just that. Drive in the right lane and pass in the left lane. It is the law in most states, and it is just the right and courteous thing to do law or not. Tug[addsig]

No offense to any PA people.. i don't know how it is anywhere else... but here in NY... we drive with the petals down all the time... the only people that will drive slow here are old people, and PA drivers... neither will ever turn right on red, and many stop at intersections that don't even have a stop sign... i don't know what it is.... I think the local government actually hires these people to control traffic... but they only cause accidents[addsig]

I guess it´s all relative, over here, the the NJ fast lane, is the parking lot and the three lanes on the interstate are labeled Mach I, Mach II and MACH III (usually around 140-150 MPH range, with an occasional 200 MPH Porche or Mercedes). I´m getting old and dawdle around between 75-85 MPH in the slow lane (of course it irritates the truckers to have to pass). :-D [addsig]

I love you guys that think you are above the law. Its funny when you get behind me flashing your lights like you are in germany on the peoples highway then you get to drive slower behind me. The best part is that it just destroys your day don't you think there are plenty of things wrong everywhere, you guys have the nuts to bitch about this ! The really funny thing is when you get a ticket and piss and moan for a week and have you licence revoked then bitch about it but like everything else any more its someone else's fault. Find another page to wine about your miserable ride to work!!!!!!![addsig]

I've got the best idea people of ny nj stay out of pa!!!![addsig]

this site is turning into another jeep site where the people do nothing but argue...cant we all get along :-( [addsig]

people can argue and get along... opposing views are not hositlity, they are opposing views[addsig]

Hey exjay33 You will never find me in NY or PA! :-D [addsig]

Back