What did you do to your Jeep today?

went trail riding up on storm mountain here in colorado. Had a awsome view of the big fire outside of Ft. Collins. Its a shame so many trails are closed now due to the fire.

Acutaly it was yesterday but, finished up the 2" lift, shocks, and sway bar disconnects. Then later in the evening got an extra 31" tire mounted up for a spare.

Sent from my Devour using Jeepz

Stared at an empty radiator that has merged with the fan. :( Praying to every diety known to man that the frame isn't bent. Too scared to look.

Redoing my wheels with Plasti Dip. 1 down. 4 to go.

Attachments

• image-3540167612.jpg
    image-3540167612.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 702
  • image-2724620350.jpg
    image-2724620350.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 415

TrailRatedRN said:
That wheel looks pretty good. Have fun with that. Take a long time?

About an hour and a half per wheel. Dries pretty quick. Took about 1 spray can to do two wheels. 3-4 coats per wheel. Factory rims have a lot of salt corrosion from previous owner (northern Illinois). Trying to do something to cover that up and protect what's left. Looks pretty good from 3-4 feet away. Up close plenty of blemishes and irregularities.

Attachments

• image-163442254.jpg
    image-163442254.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 251
I've been looking at an aersol paint/coating called "Plastic dip". It's a spray on aerosol paint/coating. I saw it on U-Tube, and heard about it thru friends. A lot of people are using it to coat (black out) emblems & wheels. Its a rubbery/flexible type coating, that's easily removed without chemicals, strippers or sand blasting etc. just peel it off. So, I decided to try it out on my factory alloy's to go from silver to matte black. I spent hours totally cleaning the wheels front & back. No sanding, no chemical, strippers, just elbow grease. I did some masking, but per the U-Tube folks, not necessary & painted the up. It's Kind of bizarre. It's a rubbery/flexible type coating. It's real easy to remove if If you don't like it. You just basically peel it off with no real effort and your back where you started with no surface damage. I finished after dark, long day. I'll try a.d throw some pics up tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20120702_194323.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120702_194357.png
    ForumRunner_20120702_194357.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 989
  • ForumRunner_20120702_194522.png
    ForumRunner_20120702_194522.png
    383 KB · Views: 362

Today, we vacuumed out my air conditioner do we can find the leak. I may finally have an A/C soon!

Re-doing my ARB air line to my front locker. I was such a idiot when I did my air lines with semi tractor/trailer air brake lines, I never concidered a change in situations. I lost my connection for semi parts and hoses when I moved to AZ. I dont have a large truck stop near me just a loves. All they have is a tire center, but I was in luck that Freightliner has a service shop a 1/2 mile down the street from loves. Going in there asking for 3/8 air brake line and only needing 12 feet, with them trying to quote the law saying I wasnt allow to run a temp patch but had to run a whole new line. Then I am saying huh? I am running a whole new line...
After explaining that I was using it on a jeep, even the hard core truckers waiting at the parts counter with me slid over a bit not wanting to be near the crazy guy.

Nothing unfortunately. It's been getting a new ring and pinion and a locker put in for a couple weeks. Brought it to a friends shop and the wrong parts keep being sent out. Not his fault. Wrong parts in the right box lol. Hopefully he will have good news in the morning and everything went together but don't think so. I will more than likely be on the phone trying to get another locker Thursday. Oh well. When it's don it will be worth the wait.

Realized I'm about 250 miles overdue for an oil change and tire rotation...

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

Took the doors off and went and bought oil ans oil filter, and to my surprise my wife said to leave the doors off for her tomorrow. ??? This from a woman that last year didn't want to ride doorless at all, she's coming around

Ordered a harley long stem mirror off ebay for $10/ free shipping.
Its scratched up on the stem but I'll paint it and it'll be fine

Changed the oil, did a 5 tire rotation and cleaned all 5 wheels inside and out and put her away before the storm...

photobucket76391341705530632-1.jpg

Even changed the oil in the wifes Blazer. Now I need to rotate the tires on that.

Am I going to be the only on to keep this thread alive?

Back