What did you do to your Jeep today?

My lift came in today. Now waiting on my front shackles then the work/fun begins. Can't wait to ride on non sagging springs.

Got new grab handles ... Bikini top windjammer & cargo cover... Got mirror relocation kit & cab cover ordered today .

Took my wife and 2 of my boys out for a topless doorless drive

photobucket75871337473124498-1.jpg

Went to the junk yard found a york210 for my OBA project and also found a electric fan out of 3.8l ford Taurus. Time to modify. God I love jeeps.

69jeepcj said:
The AMC model 20 rear axle was the standard axle on cjs from 76-86 and were on some waganeers and maybe some 70,s cherekees (not sure about the cherekees tho). As stated above in 86 dana 44,s went in some of the cj,s. The 20 is considered stronger than the 44 by some because it has a larger ring gear. The axle tube are weak, (hense the truss) and it has a two peice axle design that is weak, but can be cured with one peice shafts. I had a one peice axle model 20 with a locker and ran it HARD for about 10 years with no issues. The yj axles are about 3" wider total I believe.

For sure I hear allot of how the amc 20 is crap. Well I have one in mine for over 12 years. Have Detroit in it and superior 1 pc axle shaft. Going strong.

Greased my front end and I discovered might be replacing ball joints soon, one of the boots is starting to crack.... not to bad for having almost 230k on the clock + however many miles it was towed behind the po's motor home.

Comp cut the rear end to work with a BTF YJ rear stretch fuel cell and ran new rear brake lines all in anticipation of stretching the rear sometime later in the year.

Finally changed my transfer case fluid. Its only been sitting on my tool box for a month or so...

Fed ex dropped off my greaseable sway bar links I ordered from Rockauto.com

photobucket385651337710451878-1.jpg

I just got finished installing them

photobucket46601337735659326-1.jpg

Discovered that the stitching is ripping out of the seams in my soft top, around the passenger side door and quarter window. Hopefully I can talk my wife into letting me get the trextop nx.

Posting this for a buddy. What he did to his jeep today as I followed

Attachments

• image-2806605842.jpg
    image-2806605842.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Last night I brought the top in the house and broke out my needle and thread :rofl: I had to sew up the seams over my passenger door.

photobucket372571337943686189-1.jpg

I sewed about 16" of seams. Hope it lasts through the season

photobucket9161337943707960-1.jpg

Washed and and removed the top and doors hopefully for a great memorial weekend!

I WAS going to drive it to work this morning but it died on me after going down the hill a few hundred yards from my house. I thought it was low on fuel but it turned out to be a bad fuel pump. Got a new one and hopefully get it on this weekend.

Those r some nice stitches!!!

I went for a drive in DC today. Somehow turned the wrongway down a one way st. Thought I was going to die.mooooh-( Turned around and went straight back home and got on the metro instead.:roll:

Back