What did you do to your Jeep today?

landed after a 5 ft flight at the top of a hill with an unexpected gully washer and bent both front leafsprings, busted seals in the axle, popped a hole in the oil pan. :( Well time to order some parts! 8)

Attachments

• 20140716_133336.jpg
    20140716_133336.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 20140526_172234.jpg
    20140526_172234.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
image-578299319.jpg

Light bar failed to turn on last night on my drive home. Fixed it the next morning. Something about a relay board that's full of water seems to be causing this issue. :0

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Replaced ignition switch actuator pin.

Symptom: engine runs and shuts off normally. When turning the key to the on and start position it feels loose or "empty". The 2-3 clicks felt between off and start are not there. Also, turning the key back to the off position and removing it, you will note the instrument panel will remain lit like the key is still inserted and turned to the on position.

PS Dorman part looks stronger than the white metal stock part.

Good video on the fix

Last edited by a moderator:

1st Got rid of more squirrel nests, mud-dobber wads, and knocked the loose rust off. (Been a hunt camp jeep for years)
2nd Vacuumed out all the rust i could knock loose and gave her a quick bath. (Probably never get bathed again!! Except for rain)
3rd Began the tedious task of solving all of the Electrical "Shorts" (Lights for night driving is going to be a wonderful thing someday)

At least I know the Arm Signals from my old Harley Davidson days!!

Gave it a wash (first one in a month or so), pulled the glass out of my full doors and pulled off the pre cut tint I got off eBay (it had a brownish tint to it like factory glass and was cut too small... it didn't match my windshield strip) replaced the tint with 20% Gila tint from auto zone, then cleaned the dust off the full doors and installed them.

DARN,DARN,DARN, I miss playing with my Jeep. This out of town work, is too much like work.
My friend couldn't get my new engine ready for the vintage Jeep run, so I couldn't go on it, had to cancel my motel reservations. I need a puppy to kick.....
guess I had a stink bug in my house, while it was close up for a week. After two days, windows opened, I still smell it.
Can you guys tell I'm NOT smiling..
Oh well, back to the motel for another week.... Maybe next weekend will be better.

Not a thing.... And I feel bad. Been working on my son's race car for over a month, my truck, and work in general... Totally neglecting the jeep. Funny part is the truck goes in next week for 4:88 gears, not the jeep. (Tired of pulling 8k lbs with 35's and 4:11's).

Started Working on fixing my Frame Today ! Safe T Caps frame replacement parts are really Good !!

Hello everyone,
Today I just drove her into work. It was 54 degrees and I forgot to put the top back up last night. Didn't have time to do it this morning or I would have been late. Throw on a hoodie and go! It as a great ride, cool air felt good!

OK so I did this 2 weeks ago .. but thought I'd pass it along in hopes of it helping someone.

Decided I'd go ahead and put the hardtop on while I had a free hour or two...

Love black, it looks clean even though it's dusty and water spotted to hell from the parking lot at the race last weekend

And got to 260k

Installed bolt size LED's in my bumper and wired them in with the reverse lights, they will become my only reverse lights later on down the road when I install flush mount tail lights.

Put fan clutch and fan on. Put cool ford air cleaner assembly on. Started jeep and verified all gages work.

I know the wires need cleaning up. She is almost all the way done

Installed a new Mopar OEM water pump and discovered my transmission mount is shot, hopefully I'll be ordering a new one today.

Back