What did you do to your Jeep today?

drove the tj to the island for sonic corn dogs. the bridge to the island is one lane each direction because of road construction and repairs going on. and the lane coming home from the island is half concrete smooth and half broken pot holed asphalt. so what happens in that situation? i could feel the front end not liking the two very different surfaces and the driver side kept trying to shake out of control. i felt it trying to start and started slowing down. luckily i did because the front end started shaking pretty badly and if i hadn't slowed down, we might have hit the concrete barriers and maybe rolled over. i had to slow almost to 30 to get the front to smooth out and go back to normal so the people behind me were not happy but thats the jeep life.

its soooo rare that this thing gets the dw. i know what is going to cause it, i can see it on the road so i just start slowing down when i see the road set up for it.

That sounds like DW. I suggest Checking your track bar bushings. If you haven’t already get the largest bolt that will fit through the track bar bushing. Lastly make sure it is tightened to torque spec.

And yes something starts the oscillation. It continues because of allowed movement.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

i have to mess with it sometime. i think when the jeep rolled, it messed some stuff up in the suspension and axles because there is some other things that i feel that it didn't have prior to it going to colorado.

Added a couple badges, finally got the new shocks on (the other week) and my bag-o-ducks arrived!

20220408_190003.jpeg

20220408_185946.jpeg

20220408_190042.jpeg

20220408_190020.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Got two of the new tires in. Will order two more in a week or two and than get them mounted and balanced trying some generic brand tires since it's just going to be driven around where I live, and maybe within 10-15 miles of hereimage000000_03.jpg

I got 30s. I was going to get 31s but I figured that was to close to the 32s on it and since I wanted better around town mileage, 30s are closer to stock.

And than some lift springs showed up in San Antonio for cheap so I have 2.5" lift springs to put on. The kid didn't know the brand but said they were on his dad's jeep before he went long arm and 35s. They still have a partial on on a label stuck to the fronts so maybe I can figure what brand they are. They are red but that could be anything. They are very clean though so I don't know how much off road use they had before being swapped for more lift

Front springs are on. I figured I would do the rough end, first

I also think these are taller than 2.5"

And, for some reason, I cannot post pics so no pics for yall

that cut out is for a winch? looks like a decent bumper, way better than that plastic stock one on the jks

are you actually going to use the winch regularly, or is it going to be mostly for looks?

i bought a winch for "in case" moments. never used it. took it off and put it in the garage and than sold it a few years later. if its going to be on your jeep all the time, i would get wire because it will last longer in the weather and sun beating it up.

I hope to never need it but I am back on the east coast and have been working on the BOH thing they have going on. I would rather be prepared on the trail if needed. I’m thinking wire myself because it is lower maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I hope to never need it but I am back on the east coast and have been working on the BOH thing they have going on. I would rather be prepared on the trail if needed. I’m thinking wire myself because it is lower maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I hope you don’t need it either but if you never wenched before read up or watch videos.
Keep all safe people,trees, jeeps and gear,

Get a second battery no side terminals, 00 wire and running while wenching… type os stuff. How to snatch safely

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Annual fluff and buff. Removed a couple three pounds of AZ desert from the interior. IMG_20220412_132431_282.jpeg

2006 LJ Rubi with 35" tires, and a bunch of other stuff...

Back