What did you do to your Jeep today?

I broke down.... Got home and pulled the radiator and found a small crack Cleaned it up and patched the hole. Tomorrow I will find out if the hole is fixed:)

I swept what was left of my front trans bearing out of the case and cleaned the case a bit. Compaired the new snycros with the old ones, yep well worn. Don't blame her a bit for not wanting to downshift. Had a couple beers...decided to take the wife out. When you fix things all day long it's hard to get motivated on your own junk. Then again it ain't gonna fix itself:roll:!

Had a fun day on the sand dunes at silver lake state park and of guess something broke stupid u joint went bad

Last edited:
I'm freakin knee deep in jeep. I got my new torque converter and then I took my transmission out and the I discovered that the auto parts store dip **** ordered the wrong one yay

Drove out to the beach where the patch on my radiator failed. Limped back to a buddys house and ordered a new radiator.

i cut off the ford motor mounts so i could put the amc ones back on and drop in the 304. one step closer to having this on the road.

Got my E-Lockers and gears about a month ago, just added my Teralow 4:1, can't wait to go wheelin.

pulled a 3/4 ton van out of the holes it had rotted into my yard. hopefully my dad will come haul it off sometime

then excitedly opened my box from advanced adapters and laid them out in the garage. i am going to pick up a small pick up (ranger or s10) to use while i do the motor swap. then when my son gets his license, he can have the pick up

Made a 2 hour drive home with a dead power steering pump, I got to even have my own smoke screen periodicaly! So guess what I git to replace today ;)

Sent from my Devour using Jeepz

I replaced the torque converter and got everything back together. Still doing the same thing I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get the stupid thing rebuilt.

I think my frustration w the shop has come thru w my talk of the radiator. Since they realized they were supposed to look under the hood, they tell me today that the block is cracked, but will be fixed with a simple weld...?? Really??...

Installed the hitch that was donated by a neighbor. Too easy. Waiting on my OEM paint to be delivered so that I can do the vents, instrument cluster, etc to color match with the exterior. Also waiting on the door plates that cover the mirror holes to be painted so I can do my CJ style mirrors on the Jeep. Have to do some modifications to the CJ mirrors I have, but it will be an easy mod. Wish I could do a tailgate mod with the CJ tailgate I have. Oh well, give it time.

Made a set of adjustable control arms and cross over steering a month ago and finally got a chance to install them. Then while I was on a roll installed a set of rock sliders. It was a long weekend.

Well I installed a Champion 3 core radiator this morning, 3 hours of the most miserable time of my life. I wish I had something else to install on her. LOL.
Trying to get the under hood temp down. Summers here in Phoenix are pure murder and I have been running in the 220+ range, will see what a three core will do and if necessary I am going to do hood louvers as the last resort. I was going to buy the four core since I had .625clearancee (5/8 of and inch) but the three core is slightly over 2.5 of the factory radiator.
Only two problems, one the new nipples for the trans cooler are differentnt than factory so you will need to buy two .750 (3/4) hose clamps and the shroud holes on the passenger side were a little narrow from hole to hole, so I had to open the aluminum slots in the E-fan shroud.
All in all a good install.
IMAG0116.jpg

My 13 year old wheel cylinder decided it didn't want to stay together any longer....

photobucket11311345687086174-1.jpg

Looks like I'll be doing the rear brakes sooner than I thought

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

Back