What did you do to your Jeep today?

Spent the day at Prairie City OHV park. My 14yr old climbing the stairs and came off the top too fast bouncing off a few big rocks. When he came to a stop there was just a shsssssssh. I'll get a new rim this week. If you don't break something you're not trying something new.

Attachments

• image-1559651902.jpg
    image-1559651902.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image-1295780039.jpg
    image-1295780039.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 288
  • image-1255653658.jpg
    image-1255653658.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 245
  • image-4023774359.jpg
    image-4023774359.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 271
If its a steel rim, it can be pounded back into shape with a big hammer intead of buying a new one. My friend owns a blacktop business and does it all the time on his trucks. Reading your post Brought back memories for me as I begain to learn to drive off road at age 14 in my dads 82 cj7. He broke his leg while we were out once that summer and I was forced to learn to drive on the street getting him to the hospital, a lot of stalls pulling the clutch and angry drivers behind me on the way. lol

Got my new Bestop siailcloth soft top in...
20130205_150504_zps758c94ba-1.jpg

Can't wait for soft top season:)

What LED did you go with,where did you get it? Is it a pain to install?

I went on the Super Bright LED site. They have a menu where you can enter your jeep info and it will show you what lights fit your dash.

Used 5 of the T-74 for the instrument cluster and 3 of the neo-4 wedge base for the HVAC. If you also want to change the color of your high beam then order 6.

Installation on my 06:
Remove 2 screws on cover under steering wheel, The cover will come out on the bottom first then tug for the top to pop out.
Start from one one end and pry up the defrost penal that is the width of the dash. Remove the 3 screws on top of gauge panel and the two on the bottom. Remove the gauge panel, then unplug the two connectors behind the gauge panel. There will be 5 brown circle looking things, smaller than a dime. Use needle nose and half turn, they will come right out. Pull out the bulbs and slide in new LED's. before putting all back together, plug in cluster to check. Don't panic if they are not all lot up. On the area's that are not lit up, remove those adapters again and flip it, then reinstall; then test, repeat. It sounds worse than it is; took me 30 mins. It took longer for me to put on tail light guards. Google and You tube have examples.

Attachments

• image-2529201589.jpg
    image-2529201589.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
I went on the Super Bright LED site. They have a menu where you can enter your jeep info and it will show you what lights fit your dash.

Used 5 of the T-74 for the instrument cluster and 3 of the neo-4 wedge base for the HVAC. If you also want to change the color of your high beam then order 6.

Installation on my 06:
Remove 2 screws on cover under steering wheel, The cover will come out on the bottom first then tug for the top to pop out.
Start from one one end and pry up the defrost penal that is the width of the dash. Remove the 3 screws on top of gauge panel and the two on the bottom. Remove the gauge panel, then unplug the two connectors behind the gauge panel. There will be 5 brown circle looking things, smaller than a dime. Use needle nose and half turn, they will come right out. Pull out the bulbs and slide in new LED's. before putting all back together, plug in cluster to check. Don't panic if they are not all lot up. On the area's that are not lit up, remove those adapters again and flip it, then reinstall; then test, repeat. It sounds worse than it is; took me 30 mins. It took longer for me to put on tail light guards. Google and You tube have examples.

Good info, thanks

Last night I was going to take the jeep to get the codes read, my wife is said that it has been on for the past few days. I get in start backing out of the driveway and there's no check engine light, I think I'm going to buy 1 of the Bluetooth readers and the Tourqe app to be able to read codes myself...

Just finished vacuuming 927lbs of sand out of the jeep, cleaned the dash, et. al., and shampooed the seats. Good way to spend the morn.

Back