Put on my new SPIDERWEB SHADE.

Attachments

• image-2536275162.jpg
    image-2536275162.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 318
  • image-4083616543.jpg
    image-4083616543.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 228
Changed the oil and filter. New air filter. New plugs. And checked all other fluid levels. Now ready to head to the beach!

Over the past week or so I've done a few small projects...
After replacing my seats a couple of weeks ago I noticed they creaked and squeaked whenever I turned, took off from a stop or hit the brakes. I noticed the little bushings were missing on the new seat brackets.

I pulled them off my old seats and put them on the new, problem solved...

I put a delay wiper switch on, no more flipping wipers on and off!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

In the third pic there is a bolt under the bushing you replaced. That bolt has another bushing that allows the seat to glide forward. When it goes, the seat doesn't glide so easy and the seat will rock back and forth. I could not find a replacement so, I stacked up 4-5 Teflon washers to replace . It lasted a few years and need to be replaced.

Where did you get the bushing you used?

In the third pic there is a bolt under the bushing you replaced. That bolt has another bushing that allows the seat to glide forward. When it goes, the seat doesn't glide so easy and the seat will rock back and forth. I could not find a replacement so, I stacked up 4-5 Teflon washers to replace . It lasted a few years and need to be replaced.

Where did you get the bushing you used?

The bushings on the bolts were in good shape I didn't replace them. I pulled the bushing that went over the pin from my original seats...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

So where did you get them from?

I didn't buy new bushings.

I bought a set of Sahara seats off eBay that had the bases still attached to replace my worn out stockers

ForumRunner_20130711_182412.png

After driving around for a week or so the seats made too much noise so I pulled the brushings off my original seats. They were still in good shape so I pried them off to put on the "replacement" seats

ForumRunner_20130711_182810.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

Found a nail in my tire, luckily it only went in the tread and didn't puncture...
20130711_180203_zps081674a7-1.jpg

And noticed that my second dorman exhaust manifold in less than 3 months is cracked again. WTF? There has to be something causing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Replaced the brake shoes and drums. Wire brushed everything I could see and wiped the thinnest layer of grease on the contact points in the drums. Had to really work on the self adjusters since they were frozen solid but now my brakes stop on a dime and I bet this is how they felt rolling off the assembly line

Had a clean wet k&n filter for my atv. Wanted to speed up the drying process. "Idea"!... Drove jeep to gas station. Held the wet k&n filter out in open air there & back. Wa-law! Presto dried. Got home oiled and installed it.

Had a clean wet k&n filter for my atv. Wanted to speed up the drying process. "Idea"!... Drove jeep to gas station. Held the wet k&n filter out in open air there & back. Wa-law! Presto dried. Got home oiled and installed it.

You might be a redneck if you dry your air cleaner filter using not compressed air but Mother Nature provided at 50 mph ! You make a redneck proud ! God bless daisy duke and Ellie May Clampet ! YEEEEE haaaaa !!!!!!!!!

It was science experiment for poops and giggles.... :) And, it was cheaper than running the old 220v compressor.... Thought about using the solar powered hair dryer :) , but that would have been to easy. I never professed to be normal.... And I hope to never get that way.. :) Throw another yee haw out thair!!!!

Last edited:
Cleaned the jeep and everything else getting ready for a well deserved summer vacation. Man, why is it we do so much cleaning, and last minute fixes, only to get everything dirty and then come home and have to clean everything again.? Still, can't wait to leave. Come on Tuesday.

It was science experiment for poops and giggles.... :) And, it was cheaper than running the old 220v compressor.... Thought about using the solar powered hair dryer :) , but that would have been to easy. I never professed to be normal.... And I hope to never get that way.. :) Throw another yee haw out thair!!!!

Chalk up another one for redneck R&D ! Hold on to your Dixie cups , the souths gonna rise again ! YEEEE HAAA !!!!! (Willie Nelson)

Chalk up another one for redneck R&D ! Hold on to your Dixie cups , the souths gonna rise again ! YEEEE HAAA !!!!! (Willie Nelson)

Well , maybe we gotta be a little crazy to drive a jeep , but I say you gotta be crazy to drive anything else ! Ye ha ! ( just a little one )

Finished loading up today for vacation trip. Headed north to Oregon. Plan is to stop along the way to see the giant redwoods. Also hope to drive the jeep thru one of the carved out trees.

Removed my manifold again..!?
It's cracked again in the same spot the last one did, the front tube half way between cyl 1 and 2...

20130716_090630_zps9790f569-1.jpg

I noticed my engine mount had a gap between the "cage" and the rubber.
Anyone know if this is normal?
20130716_090056_zpsc872c494-1.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

Back