What did you do to your Jeep today?

Last night my throw out bearing exploded...

So this morning I pulled the Trans

Both of the ears broke off the throw out bearing, which in turn broke the spring that holds the fork on the ball and the bearing gouged the fork.... luckily the local dealer had them in stock

I also ordered a new flywheel and Advance Auto is replacing the whole clutch kit

Finished up the clutch kit and new flywheel
1hr and a half to take it apart and 3hrs to put it all back together... Including time to go to exchange and pick up parts. not too bad if I do say so myself

I drove my jeep up and down the yard for the first time since I decided to swap motors. It still needs tuning and adjusting and I have to cut and fit the shift linkage but it easily moved under its own power.

Yesterday - replaced oil pressure sensor.

Today - Drove my dog to dog park, watched him pooped and pee'd and dissed other dogs.

Yesterday, finally got around to replacing multi-switch to keep fog lights from coming on by themselves and killing my battery. All's well now here in the Ocala Nat'l Forest!

this has been hell first of all, I broke my blinker/wiper lever getting in my jeep I am 6'4" kinda tall for a jeep. so when it broke the little metal piece stuck in the switch couldn't get it out, so looked at ordering a new lever and switch which = 150.00 + 3 hrs or more to fix (pulling steering wheel and steering column, then dissembling the column and replacing the switch then put it all back together and re-install the colum) so i found a pick a part with a steering column for 110.00 with the switch and lever included and 20 mins of work 6 bolts so much easier (Score right NOT). so I live in seattle and I was using the fuze to control the wiper but the headlights work fine (bright and dim but) after fixing the switching with a new steering column now my wipers work and my headlight turn on but will not shut of and they stay on bright no dim which is a problem with the lever but to top it all off now my headlight switch went bad and couldn't shut off the headlight so I had to pull the relay to shut the headlight off. So now i have replace the light switch and I can shut the light on and off and my wipers work but they are still stuck on dim. I am saying screw it and driving around with my brights on. Night mare headlight wiper story
20140414_192256_Android.jpg

Last edited:
dang, ha ha ha, that sucks!!

i swapped the power steering lines around thinking i had them wrong from my motor swap but still no power steering. i also swapped the mc2150 for my good ol 450 holley four barrel which required changing my cool guy 7.3 air filter housing back to my old one.

It was a sad day yesterday.... Had to put the top on the Jeep. Got a lot of rain already and more on the way.

Wash and vac.. Also waxed the hood and front fenders. Might have to take the old girl on vacation in 2 weeks as the new RZR is already in the shop with troubles.. :(

Finally got all the motor parts back from the balance shop. Won't be more than another year to put it together now....
I hope I'm kidding... This has taken forever...

Ordered my 5 1/2" rubicon express long arm kit, slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft , front axle truss and loc rite kit. It's going to be a long, fun winter getting it all ready for spring.

Back