What did you do to your Jeep today?

P1080693.JPGP1080705.JPGP1080698.JPGP1080690.JPG

We had beautiful sunny weather today. Fedex brought more pieces parts. Installed lower steering thingamabobber parts for the intermediate steering shaft. Replaced the lower steering column bearing. Installed a correct diameter steering wheel and horn assembly. Pumped the bilge, then went joy riding. Wow, what an improvement! Can steer the Jeep now instead of the Jeep steering me!
Have a fancy Grant steering wheel in case anyone wants it.
Next will be a tie rod replacement. Not sure where the bilge water is coming in. Have a plastic cover over the vent between the hood and windshield. Only place I can think of.

Knuckles

Last edited:
Not sure where the bilge water is coming in. Have a plastic cover over the vent between the hood and windshield. Only place I can think of.

Knuckles

A buddy of mine had a leak that he couldn't find for quite a while and turned out to be the seal between the windshield frame and tub.

Today I replaced a bad tie rod end at the pitman arm. Then I greased the drive lines and tie rod ends. While looking for the source of the bilge water, which I found, :x the tire store called to tell me my tires had arrived. Got the tires on the Jeep and went joy riding. Regular at the Indian store is 1.999 a gallon. :D

P1080709.JPGP1080711.JPG

Ok, I have all if my parts for the long arm upgrade and my lock rite for the front axle. I really want to weld trusses on my axles when they are out but I've heard good and bad things about welding to the center section. I don't think it should be a problem because it's just cast steel and I work for a very large machine shop/ fab shop and our welders do this kind of thing all most every day but a lot of people say it might crack? I know if I pre heat it to 500 degrees and use high nickel wire and cool it slowly it should be fine but if anybody has done this your input would be very helpful..

Today I replaced my '04 tj headlight with '14 jk headlight came from a friend. I used an adapter that allowed the H4 harness of my TJ to be plugged into the H13 lights of the JK.

Attachments

• old headlight.jpg
    old headlight.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 286
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 212
P1080744.JPG.P1080740.JPG

Today I replace the headlight retainers and bezels on my Jeep. Then I installed the Bestop windshield track. Top is tight in the corners, loose in the middle. er, uh, hope it stays on. Have had them come off on the freeway before. No fun. Used to duct tape the edge in the old days. Looks better with the corners tucked down. I deserved that beer.

Last edited:
Got the cable shifter installed, it took me about an hour and a half...

Shifts smooth as can be and no more annoying rattle.

Today, had a new windshield seal installed in my Jeep. Spent the rest of the day joyriding from place to place looking for a AM FM radio. No find.

Knuckles

Ordered a new heater for my 85 CJ7. Nothing like waiting to finally install a heater. Also a new driver seatbelt that will hopefully stay buckled. Now trying to figure out what all the leaks are and what the random wires are for.

Today, had a new windshield seal installed in my Jeep. Spent the rest of the day joyriding from place to place looking for a AM FM radio. No find. Knuckles
. Look on eBay, search am fm cj radio . They have brand new ones that look factory but they're 200 watt and conect to your phone or bluetooth device to play your downloaded music too.

Was looking for a AM FM that mounts like a CB radio. Not ready to get into the mess pictured. :x Can make a mount for a in dash radio I suppose. Or, should get off my can and do it right.

P1790338.JPG

Used front tow hooks to stretch and straighten out some very stiff 10 ga electrical wire I was using for a wiring project in my garage.

Back