What did you do to your Jeep today?

It came with drop pitman arm, track bar relocation bracket, rear shock mount relocation brackets , top and bottom bump stops, the only thing extra you need to buy is a sye kit and cv driveshaft.. I'm not sure about the front driveshaft yet, they didn't say you need a new one but I'm a bit concerned about how far I had to pull it out to make on the splines to make it fit. I'm sure it will be fine for the street but when it starts to flex off-road will it extend beyond it's limit? ?? Idk.

One thing I was kind of disappointed in was that it didn't come with the four bolts ( 2 each side ) for the bottom front shock mounts. Besides that it has everything.

P1080842.JPG

Today, I installed two tow/get me out hooks, on the front of my Jeep.

It came with drop pitman arm, track bar relocation bracket, rear shock mount relocation brackets , top and bottom bump stops, the only thing extra you need to buy is a sye kit and cv driveshaft.. I'm not sure about the front driveshaft yet, they didn't say you need a new one but I'm a bit concerned about how far I had to pull it out to make on the splines to make it fit. I'm sure it will be fine for the street but when it starts to flex off-road will it extend beyond it's limit? ?? Idk.
You may not need the drop pitman arm. Most run stock with an adjustable track bar to keep the two parallel. If you drop at the pitman you need to drop the opposite side to keep parallel with the track bar. Otherwise you will increase the opportunity to get bump steer.

Besides this it sounds like a good plan. Keep up with pics.

As for your question. TrailratedRN I believe ran this kit. Maybe she'll share her experience.

Last edited:
Took mine out in woods. Got the tires dirty. Tried out the winch. It pulls good. Do not like the freewheel effort. Easier to power line out. Could be I should grease the big drum bearing. Going to leave tires dirty. Bugs the greenies when I go to town.

Changed the oil and started my seat swap. Replacing the worn out and broken down original seats with some leather cherokee limited seats.

Lol but buying this allowed me to keep the Jeep... and that's all that really matters

Oh thank goodness ! I thought we had an angel fall from grace ! Glad you still got your pride and joy . Would be a real shame for you to be jeepless , especially since your the creator of this thread ! Lots of luck with the new chevy ! I admit , it's a honey ! I know you'll get out there and give the rice burner nissans a run for their money !

Oh thank goodness ! I thought we had an angel fall from grace ! Glad you still got your pride and joy . Would be a real shame for you to be jeepless , especially since your the creator of this thread ! Lots of luck with the new chevy ! I admit , it's a honey ! I know you'll get out there and give the rice burner nissans a run for their money !

Yup I'm not going anywhere anytime soon...

Last edited:

Finally gay the entire lift done, body lift out and new exhaust on.. I had a nice day to take the top off and wash it up before it goes for a front end alignment.

image-2430074979.jpg

What a co-inkeedink. I lifted my Jeep too.

Also did some knocking noise in the back investigation. Found serious spare tire mount to tailgate damage. Will require fixin. Needs a whole new mount attached to other than the tailgate. Thinking bumper.

lifted jeep.JPGP1080886.JPGP1080879.JPG

Ya, I would go bumper mounted. It just seems like a lot if weight hanging on a sheet metal tailgate going over lots if bumps. I know a few People with messed up tailgates over that. Nice jeep by the way, I love to cammo. gives it a ted nugent safari look..

The camo paint is growing on me. Get a lot of cold stares from the hippies when I go to town, heh heh heh.

Need a Ted Nugent bumper sticker, thats what I need............

Oh, there IS a gun rack in the Jeep. ;)

Today, I removed the bean counter designed spare tire mount from the tailgate on my Jeep. Then re-welded all the messed up stuff on the tailgate. It will survive as long as a spare tire is not mounted on it the same way again. Spare tire is in the back for now.

Back