What did you do to your Jeep today?

Hooked my new flag to the Jeep today. Support for all the L.E.O.'s out there.

Attachments

• image-346139413.jpg
    image-346139413.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 132
I drove the ol yj up to the gas station to put some gas in and noticed an odd sputter when coming home. So I pop the hood and the secondaries are leaking fuel around the throttle rod. Ruh roh, I know holly carbs are famous for that and it usually means its time to get some bushings out in so I took the carb off and put on an mc2150 I had in the garage that originally came off the 302 in the jeep now. Got it all swapped and was in the process of tuning it and the dang battery kicked the bucket. I knew the battery was going but I had hoped it would at least let me tune the carb before dying.

So now I have to go get a new battery, do the final welds on the exhaust, and make final adjustments to the shift linkage at the trans and then I can get the jeep inspected and start driving it again

Low speed radiator fan wasn't working when I came to work temp climbed to 210*. Pulled the relay and spotted a little oxidation in the relay outlet, going to emery board the contact tonight and apply some dielectic grease.

Drove back and forth to the hardware store to get plumbing parts for the newly installed kitchen sink. The started mending the water tank (patching). A one hole got out of control. Another run to the hardware store for more quick curing epoxy...

Stainless bolts hold it on and yes it's cut out ! Lol image-3708475778.jpg There is a video on YouTube on how to install not a Bad job !!

Last edited:

Yikes!, no going back.. I've seen similar louvers and hood scoops as bolt on and non functional is why I asked..

My temp runs at 190 195 I'm running a 180 thermostat

Last edited:
My temp runs at 190 195 I'm running a 180 thermostat

FYI the PCM will try to reach 210 by altering the air fuel ratio. It may be leaning it out to get to 210. Not sure of long term effects of running like this. Your best bet is a 195 deg.

Thanks for info I'll have to look into that ! My thinking is the PCM would be adjusting air fuel not temp of motor ?

Last edited:

Well ran into jeep dealer on way home today said if anything will run rich and throw check engine light on wouldn't recommend in winter but 99.9 fine in summer! But Thanks For The Heads Up !

Almost ashamed to mention this...
I had to go get gas for the mower so I took the Jeep, filled it while I was there. I'd only put 200 miles on it since the beginning of March.

Drove it to work with the 1/2 doors and bikini top. Brought my new Hiper wheels home. Had rearview mirror adjusted to keep and eye on em...

ForumRunner_20150629_184001.png

Whale. Nutin, switch to my sidex@Side Yo, deaze RZR wheels da bomb..
ForumRunner_20150630_222448.png

Last edited:
Back