Changed the oil
Changed the trans fluid. Trying RedLine
Changed transfer case fluid

Plan
Change the rest of the fluids
Power steering
Front and rear differentials
Bleed clutch full change.
Bleed brakes full change. + new extended brake lines.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Check
Check
Check
Only differentials left. Waiting for new seals to arrive.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

SouthTj How did you make out?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I've been on vacation with very little wifi and just saw the video you posted about adjusting the sensor. I did not know that it needed any adjusting so I'll check that video out when I get home. No time to watch at work right now.

New JKS front track bar
New grade 8 tight fitting axel side bolt.
New front shocks.
New Crown HD STeeR Grand Cherokee
R1 steering upgrade.
New steering stabilizer.

Next week:
Rear shocks.
Rear Adj track bar.
TB Relocation bracket.
Alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
New JKS front track bar
New grade 8 tight fitting axel side bolt.
New front shocks.
New Crown HD STeeR Grand Cherokee
R1 steering upgrade.
New steering stabilizer.

Next week:
Rear shocks.
Rear Adj track bar.
TB Relocation bracket.
Alignment

Right on brother!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The angry sparrows are back, so I ordered some Spicer 5-1310-1X U-Joints for my rear driveshaft. I like that these can be easily greased, instead of the traditional kind that have the nipple on the cross.

61Z5fAMMbYL._SL1500_.jpgSpicer 5-1310-1X U-Joint

The angry sparrows are back, so I ordered some Spicer 5-1310-1X U-Joints for my rear driveshaft. I like that these can be easily greased, instead of the traditional kind that have the nipple on the cross.

View attachment 23523Spicer 5-1310-1X U-Joint

I watched a video explaining D30, D44 and D60 axels. He covered a lot more in the vid. One was mentioning joints that don't use needle bearings. Not sure what the advantage is or where they use them but something to look into.

Second is this one you had replaced before and have you been greasing them.? If so you got to ask why this failing. If it's one never changed before... Well maybe it was time. Spicer offers joint packs that has all the joints for your vehicle. Not sure if they are the greasy kebab ones.

Luck!

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I can see where that would be a benefit. The only way to grease one of the u-joints on my old ford truck's front driveshaft is to remove the other end of the driveshaft so you can orientate the joint's fitting into an accessible position. Needless to say that joint doesn't get greased as often as the others :(

Replaced monster cat back with new monster cat back. Why? I got ~13 years before this one rotted beyond repair.
Strange the pipe and exhaust rotted at the connections. Muffler and tailpipe extension. Pipe itself was fine and exhaust was fine. Wonder if the corrosion was a galvanic driven.

New pipe is 2 pieces and thicker stainless. It doesn’t look like T202 the old one was made of. The T202 formed a black coating after some use. The tail pipe ends 13 inches under the vehicle and the with the tip roughly 8-10 in under the jeep. I ditched that tip and added a 13” angle cut turn down. This way the exhaust gas isn’t billowing under the jeep when wheeling and filling the cabin with fumes.
Muffler was not highly polished. Not that i care but is advertised that way.

Last edited:

Second is this one you had replaced before and have you been greasing them.? If so you got to ask why this failing. If it's one never changed before...

I previously had problems with the front driveshaft - I built it with non greasable ujoints, and those wore out so I used these greasable ones. This time around it's the rear shaft (I believe). My rear shaft is actually a cut down cherokee front shaft, so it's got a cardian joint in it, and I run a SYE.

Having said that, I have not been greasing the joints the way I should. I may roll around with the grease gun and lube everything up next week.

Made a video of our current setup including our under seat 10 inch powered subwoofer (https://amzn.to/2LMZpB9) for our 2015 Jeep Wrangler. We put the sub under the drivers seat and couldn't be happier!

That's a neat subwoofer - I've never seen one like that - does it make much bass?

I did one a couple of years ago inside of my rear seat. It sounds great, but is quite a bit of work (and cost 4x as much)

https://www.jeepz.com/forum/accessories/22414-subwoofer-inside-jeep-wrangler-rear-seat.html

Kenwood has been making powered subs for years. I have gen 1 under my back seat. Here is a link to the current gen. Works great and has a control I mounted behind the shifter on the bezel.
Here is what I have:
IMG_2791.JPG

Current -shop around for price.
~11x8x3
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-jZO1WWse3hF/p_113KSCSW11/Kenwood-KSC-SW11.html

~13x10x3
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KSCSW8/Kenwood-KSC-PSW8.html

P.S. If mounted under your seat.... Well the vibration may become annoying.....or you might like it.... Anyway it will loosen you up like prunes and olestra. Just hope you don't get DW.
Butt Dino may be out of calibration.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back